- 1 Possible
FallSpring Hackfest: Paris, May 29th — June 2nd, June 20th — June 24th, or June 27th — July 1st
- 2 Description
- 3 Location - Paris
Fall Spring Hackfest: Paris, May 29th — June 2nd, June 20th — June 24th, or June 27th — July 1st
This page details the planning of a possible Inkscape's 2017
Fall Spring hackfest.
A hackfest! We will work on Inkscape bugs, new features, and packaging as well as website issues; in fact anything that can benefit from developers and users being physically in the same space.
Location - Paris
Paris is well connected with three international airports (including the second busiest Europe) as well as being the center of the TGV high speed train network. It is centrally located in Europe and is an easy trip for many Inkscape hackers. There are direct flights to/from most major US cities.
Mc can/did contact the following places about meeting space.
- All the benefits of being in the center of one of the most vibrant world cities.
- High housing cost (but seems to be plenty reasonably priced AirBnB's).
- Fablab/hackerspace using Inkscape all the time (they love it), with working space
- Room with five tables each with plugs and wired Internet available May 29th-June 2nd, June 20th-June 24th, or June 27th-July 1st. July 1sth is their monthly Libre Software meetings date.
- Open from Noon - 6:30PM.
- Host monthly Blender meetings and twice-yearly Ubuntu parties.
- Excellent modern Science museum.
- Limited availability, no availability from mid-june to mid-july
- 75% discount (=>125€/day for a classrom)
- hard to find whom to contact (TODO)
- high probability to be able book a room for free (depending on date)
- special coworking space
- free if the event is open
- Some sort of special place where technology and art meet. With a big open working space and rooms
- Did not email them yet
- Available 15th-19th May, 5th-9th June, 12th-16th June, 3rd-7th July.
- Open working hours (we need to have a host with us.
- Central Paris.
- Télécom Paris ? (not investigated yet)
Paris suburb with easy train connection from Paris (50 minutes from central Paris, trains every 15 minutes, opposite end of train line that connects Paris to Charles de Gaulle airport).
- Pleasant town in the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse Regional Natural Park. 11th century chateau towers over the neighboring town.
- For a small gathering (<=10), Tav can host at his home. Nearby AirBnB and pleasant hotel within walking distance as well as a couple of bakeries and restaurants.
- Lower cost than Paris proper.
- Far from central Paris.