Difference between revisions of "Environment variables"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Initial list of Inkscape environment variables)
Revision as of 18:24, 8 July 2019
This is a list of some helpful environment variables, that you can use to modify the behavior of Inkscape itself as well as of the libraries it uses.
Environment variables specific to Inkscape:
- Specifies a different location for the user profile directory (i.e. the folder where preferences and user data are saved).
- By default this equals to something like ~/.config/inkscape (*nix) or %appdata%/inkscape (Windows)
- Specifies a different location for the Inkscape data directory (i.e. the system folder where Inkscape looks for shared files).
- By default this equals to something like /share (*nix) or %ProgramFiles%/Inkscape/share (Windows).
- Make sure there's a share/inkscape folder present in this location that contains system-wide Inkscape data like extensions, filters, gradients, icons, etc.
- Specifies a different location for the folder where Inkscape looks for the translation catalog (i.e. binary inkscape.mo files).
- By default this equals to something like /share/locale (*nix) or %ProgramFiles%/Inkscape/share/locale (Windows).