Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "Writing Context Sensitive Help (coming in GNOME-3.0)"
- I guess we should convince pygmee and Kevin to change their manual so that it fits for that purpose, whatever change is necessary.
- That glossary could be section and subsections of the big manual I'd say.
- see this review from German c't magazine pointing out the need of some embedded documentation/help
Mail from Bob Jamison
- Context-sensitive help is one thing where I think they are spot-on. How hard would it be for us to provide "F1 Help"? If only to pop up a browser on a given html page and #anchor.
- kind of 3 levels of needs : instant help (already existing, but not for effects/extensions :( ); than a kind of embedded glossary, and finally a big user manual
- yup, a short explanation text should be integrated in the inx file or the extension code and then displayed (in a tab for a dialog ?) with the effect... I don't know what would be the best display place for it
- ok, got another idea, let's start from the Inkscape terminology page. Filling it might help creating some content for an embedded help