Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here is a list of proposals for documentation standards for the User Manual (most important for DocBook xml and content)
- <book> - main tag encapsulating the whole book
- <part> - For larger sections (e.g. "Menus", etc; should only be a few of these in the book)
- <chapter> - subsections of a part (e.g."File" menu)
- <section> - subsections of a chapter (e.g. "Save" menu item)
- <para> - encapsulating any subsection of a chapter that needs a distinction from the preceeding and proceeding text (textual paragraphs, text content withing each list item or procedural item, etc)
(are we keeping these?)
- <guimenuitem> - ?
- <guilabel> - ?
- <emphasis> - ?
- <accel> - ?
- <keycap> - ?
- <keycombo> - standard key combination for a command
http://live.gnome.org/ProjectMallard - not much there
Basic Structure of a Part
- title+Intro+screenshot+Activation+Procedure+Additional infos+Links
<chapter> <title></title> <section> <title></title> <para></para> </section> <chapter>
- Links to sections should be named the same as the section title, except don't use caps and replace all spaces with dashes, e.g., the link for section "Menu Bar" would be "menu-bar".