Change keyboards shortcuts
There is no user interface to customize shortcuts yet but you can edit <Inkscape install directory>share/keys/default.xml.
In order to share same shortcuts than other softwares, following configuration files are shipped with Inkscape (look at the <Inkscape install directory>share/keys/ folder):
- acd-canvas.xml for ACD System Canvas 11
- adobe-illustrator-cs2.xml for Adobe Illustrator CS2
- corel-draw-x4 for Corel Draw X4
- macromedia-freehand-mx.xml for Macromedia Freehand MX
- xara.xml for Xara X, Xara Xtreme and Xara LX
- zoner-draw.xml for Zoner Draw 5
- right-handed-illustration.xml is a configuration where the user draw with the right hand and want to access all shortcuts with the left one
- inkscape.xml is the default Inkscape shortcuts configuration file.
Change the user interface
Icons are in all in an icnos.svg file located in <Inkscape install directory>\share\icons\. It can be overwritted or modified by the user (be sure of what you do).
Examples of existing icons.svg:
- Default one from the Inkscape repository
- A Tango Icon Set for Inkscape can be sent in the <Inkscape install directory>\share\icons\ directory, you can rename it.
- SimpleGrey inkscape theme by Scnd101
Change the theme/skin
In GTK, a theme is defined in a gtkrc file. On Windows, the Inkscape one is located in <Inkscape install directory>\etc\gtk-2.0.