Current PDF Support
Current PDF support
There is currently no support to automatically import PDF files in Inkscape.
pdf_output.inx exports PDF files by first saving them as Postscript and use an external converter to creat PDFs.
Current Postscript support
ps_input.inx imports Postscript files by using two external conversion scripts:
Inkscape has built-in support to write Postscript files.
- Outputs nice readable Postscript
- Doesn't support fill patterns and clipping, see bugs 1208874 and 1170322
- Postscript doesn't support transparency and Inkscape doesn't emulate this, so they are just ignored, that is you get the color you would get with opacity:1
Current Adobe Illustrator support
The files used by AdobeIllustrator were earlier postscript files but are now Pdf files.
- Only works on the old Postscript-based Adobe format
- Code is sort of a hack
- No maintainer exists for this code
ai_output.inx exports Illustrator files by first saving them as Postscript and use an external converter to creat AIs.