Jump to navigation Jump to search
Inkscape CVS on Gentoo Linux
The CVS ebuild of Inkscape makes getting the latest copy as easy as "emerge inkscape-cvs" : )
How to do it
- If you have not already done so, <a href="http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=5#doc_chap2">set up a portage overlay</a>.
- <a href="http://inkscape.org/doc/inkscape-cvs-0.42.ebuild">Download</a> and save the ebuild to media-gfx/inkscape-cvs/inkscape-cvs-0.42.ebuild inside your portage overlay (you will need to create those directories if you haven't already done so).
- Open a console and as root run 'ebuild <portage overlay>/media-gfx/inkscape-cvs/inkscape-cvs-0.42.ebuild digest' (substitute <portage overlay> with your portage overlay directory
- Now run 'echo "media-gfx/inkscape-cvs ~x86" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords' (change "~x86" for whatever architecture you're on).
- Now you can simply run 'emerge inkscape-cvs' to get the latest CVS version of Inkscape!