Bug Party Invitation
In an effort to organize the bug tracker and the feature tracker, the Inkscape project will organize a "Bug Party" on Saturday, September 24, 2005. This is an opportunity for new contributors and non-developers to help the project.
All day long (in the US time) the IRC channel #inkscape on server irc.freenode.org will be open, along with the correspondent Jabber room (see http://inkscape.org/discussion.php for more details). We expect to reach peak hours at 16-20 UTC on September 24 (8-12 PST) and 0-4 UTC on September 25 (16-20 PST on September 24) and guarantee presence of core Inkscape developers on those time intervals.
For additional information, rules and information, a Wiki page is available: http://wiki.inkscape.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BugParty
We await you!
To be distributed at:
- Inkscape users list;
- Inkscape test list;
- Openclipart list;
- Scribus list?;
- news item on front page (aggregated to various Planet sites).
- Color logo: http://nicubunu.ro/pictures/inkscape/debug.png
- Black and white: http://nicubunu.ro/pictures/inkscape/debug_bw.png
- trim down the number of open bugs/enhancement request. we should find old bugs which are not existing anymore, features already implemented and not closed in the tracker, duplicates and, why not, quick fixes.
- if a bug report is one release old/one month old, we can't reproduce it and don't have any follow-up from the poster, it can be closed;
- is possible to post to the tracker without login to sourceforge.net, but a login is recommended, because this improve your ability to follow-up a post;
- not everyone is allowed to close a bug, so people without this right should comment in the bug reasoning why the bug should be closed (is a duplicate, not happen anymore, can't be reproduced). We should define a way to work after that, alternatives are:
- put in a message a special string, like TOCLOSE, which can be queried later, for closure;
- announce the bug number on the chat channel, so it can be closed interactively;
- put the URL of the bug in the wiki page.
- a new version of Inkscape will be needed [to determine later what version: 0.42.2, CVS build, etc.)
- Easy ways get builds.
- Build Your Own
- Working with CVS http://wiki.inkscape.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WorkingWithCVS and Compiling Inkscape http://wiki.inkscape.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CompilingInkscape
- the Inkscape bug tracker at sf.net: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=93438&atid=604306
- the Inkscape feature tracker at sf.net: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=93438&atid=604309
- the Wiki page: http://wiki.inkscape.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BugParty
- the Inkscape developer mailing list: inkscape-devel AT lists.sourceforge.net