== OLD ==
Some ideas on what to do with the name and logo of [http://www.inkscape.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?InkScape Inkscape]. The key resource here will be the [http://www.inkscape.org website], which is going through lots of good revisions. Below are some more ideas that need reworking.
==== The Name ===
* Inkscape should be capitalized (not [[BiCapitalized]]), and is only one word. Inkscape is not named Inkspace.
Incorrect: inkscape, Ink Scape, Inkspace, [[InkScape]]
:This needs to be fixed on the Wiki. Fortunately, this Wiki does not require [[WikiName]]s for links. -- [[MenTaLguY]]
==== Mottos ====
* Inkscape: Open Source Scalable Vector Graphics Editor
* Inkscape: Expand your horizons
* How about: "Draw your mountain" -- Ted
:I used the motto on the About screen (see Screenshots). -- bryce
==== Logo Treatment ====
* 1-color: Prefered colors (in order of preference) are black (on lighter backgrounds), or white (on sufficiently dark backgrounds). The snowcap and rim line knocked out (transparent).
* 2-color: The mountain and ink should be black, and white (for the snowcap and rim line)
==== Sample Treatments ====
(a proposed badge) <a href="http://www.inkscape.org" alt="[[InkScape]] - Expand your horizons" title="[[InkScape]] - Expand your horizons">http://www.coalmarch.com/images/inkscape-badge-small.png</a>
<a href="http://entrepreneurparadise.blogspot.com/" alt="Devanshu's Opinin " title="Branding and Marketing Articles"></a>
:To be honest, I am not very fond of this treatment; the "Xpand" looks like a product name rather than a shortening of the slogan. The badge might be passable by itself without the type, but I don't think the brushed metal look contributes to the brand identity either. This may be a better example of what not to do. -- [[MenTaLguY]]
Revision as of 13:29, 20 June 2006
Inkscape: Open Source Scalable Vector Graphics Editor
- Inkscape should be capitalized (not BiCapitalized), and is only one word. Inkscape is not named Inkspace.
Incorrect: inkscape, Ink Scape, Inkspace, InkScape
(watch capitalization, and don't forget the full stop)
- 1-color: Prefered colors (in order of preference) are black (on lighter backgrounds), or white (on sufficiently dark backgrounds). The snowcap and rim line knocked out (transparent).
- 2-color: The mountain and ink should be black, and white (for the snowcap and rim line)
Sample branding image
The font (available here: http://www.paratype.com/pstore/fonts/pushkin.htm) was made by Paratype from the handwriting of Pushkin, the greatest Russian poet of 19th century - who was also an artist, loved to do sketches on the margins of his manuscripts (using ink of course :) Pushkin's characteristic "flying" handwriting style and sketches (mostly profile portraits) are very familiar to anyone speaking Russian.
the tagline "Draw freely" with a font that it is _not_ free is a contradiction for me (User:FZap)