Difference between revisions of "Branding"
(Adding a new motto idea)
Revision as of 21:30, 21 November 2003
= The Name
- Inkscape should be capitalized (not BiCapitalized), and is only one word. Inkscape is not named Inkspace.
Incorrect: inkscape, Ink Scape, Inkspace, InkScape
- This needs to be fixed on the Wiki. Fortunately, this Wiki does not require WikiNames for links. -- MenTaLguY
- Inkscape: Expand your horizons
- How about: "Draw your mountain" -- Ted
- I used the motto on the About screen (see Screenshots). -- bryce
- 1-color: Prefered colors (in order of preference) are black (on lighter backgrounds), or white (on sufficiently dark backgrounds). The snowcap and rim line knocked out (transparent).
- 2-color: The mountain and ink should be black, and white (for the snowcap and rim line)
(a proposed badge) <a href="http://www.inkscape.org" alt="InkScape - Expand your horizons" title="InkScape - Expand your horizons">http://www.coalmarch.com/images/inkscape-badge-small.png</a>
- To be honest, I am not very fond of this treatment; the "Xpand" looks like a product name rather than a shortening of the slogan. The badge might be passable by itself without the type, but I don't think the brushed metal look contributes to the brand identity either. This may be a better example of what not to do. -- MenTaLguY