Difference between revisions of "Board Meetings"

From Inkscape Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(→‎Transcripts: Reformat for better overview)
Line 82: Line 82:
  
  
== Transcripts ==  
+
== Board Meeting Transcripts ==  
  
* Meeting 2014-09-15: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/392/
+
=== 2017 ===
* Meeting 2014-09-29: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/854/
 
* Meeting 2014-10-08: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/950/
 
* Meeting 2014-10-15: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/1436/
 
* Meeting 2014-11-05: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/2204/
 
* Meeting 2014-11-12: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/2210/
 
* Meeting 2014-11-19: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/2216/
 
* Meeting 2014-11-26: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/2498/
 
* Meeting 2015-10-02: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/6701/
 
* Meeting 2015-11-06: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/6886/
 
* Meeting 2015-12-04: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/7056/
 
* Meeting 2016-01-08: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/7276/
 
* Meeting 2016-04-01: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/9565/
 
* Meeting 2016-05-06: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/9563/
 
* Meeting 2016-06-03: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/9667/
 
* Meeting 2016-07-08: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/9766/
 
* Meeting 2016-08-05: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/9864/
 
* Meeting 2016-09-02: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/9971/
 
* Meeting 2016-11-04: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10241/
 
* Meeting 2016-12-02: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10484/
 
* Meeting 2017-01-06: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10582/
 
* Meeting 2017-02-03: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10651/
 
* Meeting 2017-03-03: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10740/
 
* Meeting 2017-04-07: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10844/
 
* Meeting 2017-06-02: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/11064/
 
* Meeting 2017-07-07: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/11176/
 
* Meeting 2017-08-04: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/11250/
 
* Meeting 2017-09-01: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/11377/
 
* Meeting 2017-10-06: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/11517/
 
  
* Archive of all transcripts: https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/=pastebin/?q=meeting&order=-edited
+
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10582/ 2017-01-06]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10651/ 2017-02-03]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10740/ 2017-03-03]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10844/ 2017-04-07]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11064/ 2017-06-02]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11176/ 2017-07-07]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11250/ 2017-08-04]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11377/ 2017-09-01]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11517/ 2017-10-06]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/paste/11651/ 2017-11-03]
 +
 
 +
=== 2016 ===
 +
 
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/7276/ 2016-01-08]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9565/ 2016-04-01]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9563/ 2016-05-06]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9667/ 2016-06-03]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9766/ 2016-07-08]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9864/ 2016-08-05]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9971/ 2016-09-02]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10241/ 2016-11-04]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10484/ 2016-12-02]
 +
 
 +
=== 2015 ===
 +
 
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/6701/ 2015-10-02]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/6886/ 2015-11-06]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/7056/ 2015-12-04]
 +
 
 +
=== 2014 ===
 +
 
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/392/ 2014-09-15]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/854/ 2014-09-29]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/950/ 2014-10-08]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/1436/ 2014-10-15]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/2204/ 2014-11-05]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/2210/ 2014-11-12]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/2216/ 2014-11-19]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/2498/ 2014-11-26]
 +
 
 +
'''[https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/=pastebin/?q=meeting&order=-edited Website search for all transcripts]'''

Revision as of 12:43, 4 November 2017

Place and Time

We meet in #inkscape-devel on freenode.

Board meetings are typically the first Friday of each month.

Everybody in the Inkscape community is invited to participate.

Next meeting: 10:00 PDT/17:00 UTC/18:00 CET, (click for world clock), Fri, 3rd Nov, 2017.

Meetings should be announced in advance on inkscape-devel and inkscape-board mailing lists.

Agenda

  • Board election debrief
    • Updating nomination/election rules as needed [ted]
  • Infrastructure backup/alternate hosting
    • (DONE) Send out sponsorship solicitation [bryce]
  • Sponsor acceptance policy
  • Preliminary preparations for 0.93 [tav]
    • Fix GPLv3 licensing (gimp widgets)
    • Gtk3 migration status / todo's?
    • Release management advice/review [tav]
  • 2017 Budget
    • (DONE) Organize vote on budget
  • Merchandise sales
    • Spreadshirt account ready to go, but we're not using it
    • Evaluate self-serve merchandise sales - spreadshirt, cafepress, Golden Ribbon, Think Penguin or similar [Mc]
    • Password has been changed, no longer accessible
  • Future meetings/hackfests.
    • Boston Hackfest - March 26th-30th
    • LGM 2018 - Last weekend in April (Seville, Spain)
    • GUADEC 2018 - Summer (Ameria, Spain) GTK conference
  • Other Business

Other Agenda Items

  • Welcome new Board Members
    • Add new GPG keys for credentials repository [Mc], [Cr]
  • Should we add officer positions
    • Secretary
    • Treasurer
    • Vetter (need better name...)
  • Funded development [bryce]
    • Identify Manager/Reviewer/Second for each of the jobs
    • How should we advertise the jobs?


Action Items

  • Merchandise Sales
    • Get doctormo and prkos added as shopkeepers
  • Future hackfests
    • Hackfest organizational tips (Need to document this someplace)
      • Process: Have folks propose options, and then trade off cost projections and benefits
      • Try to organize group lodging (same hotel, rented/air-bnb house, http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.en.html, etc.)
      • Send a scout ahead of time to help avoid slummy accommodations
      • Catered lunches help keep everyone focused (we're already reimbursing on lunches, so cost differential isn't huge, and it saves hassle all around)
      • Boots on the ground at a location can be a huge help if plans go awry
      • Prefer locations with local inkscape community on the ground
  • Finalization of Budget 2016 [bryce]
    • Update the budget, see what $$ remains in the hackfest fund [bryce]
  • Funded development [bryce]
  • Add a C++-11 conversion project with tasks detailed to the Roadmap for 0.93 or later. [valavanisalex]
  • Regularly check sponsor ads / sponsor mentions on the website:
    • Advance Systems: added Dec 9th, 2016
    • Deals Land UK: added June, 21st, 2017

Blocked Action Items

  • Privacy Policy [drmo] ~ Blocked waiting on time availability by SFC
  • Amend CoC reporting section ~ Waiting until we have a dedicated email, e.g. abuse@inkscape.org


Board Meeting Transcripts

2017

2016

2015

2014

Website search for all transcripts