Difference between revisions of "Board Meetings"

From Inkscape Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(197 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
== Place and Time ==
 +
 +
We meet in #inkscape-devel on [https://freenode.net/ freenode]. You can also join the [https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_devel #team-devel discussion channel on chat.inkscape.org] to partake in the meeting.
  
== Place and Time ==
+
Board meetings are typically the first Friday of each month.
  
We meet in #inkscape-devel on [https://freenode.net/ freenode].
+
<em>Everybody in the Inkscape community is invited to participate.</em>
  
Next meeting:  [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=26&year=2014&hour=20&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 Noon PST/21:00 CEST] , Wed, Nov 26th.
+
Next meeting:  [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20191207T10&p1=202 10:00 PDT/18:00 UTC/19:00 CET, (click for world clock)], Fri., December 7, 2019. (Time is fixed to 10 AM Pacific Time.)
  
 
Meetings should be announced in advance on [https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel inkscape-devel] and [https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-board inkscape-board] mailing lists.
 
Meetings should be announced in advance on [https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel inkscape-devel] and [https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-board inkscape-board] mailing lists.
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
 +
* Hackfests
 +
** Next Hackfest
 +
*** Possible places:
 +
***# Boston (MIT/FSF)
 +
***# Paris (Palaiseau - Télécom ParisTech)
 +
***# Kiel
 +
***# Québec City
 +
***# Brussels (FOSDEM, 2nd & 3rd February)
 +
***# ? (GUADEC, summer)
 +
** LGM/Rennes Hackfest
 +
 +
* GSoC
 +
 +
* Budget
 +
 +
* Bug migration off Launchpad
 +
 +
* Infrastructure
 +
** mailing list migration off SourceForge
 +
** Wiki migration off OSUOSL
 +
** Weblate service deployment
 +
 +
* Software Release status
 +
** 2geom 1.1
 +
** Inkscape 0.92.5
 +
** Inkscape 1.0beta
 +
 +
* Other Business
 +
 +
* Need someone to handle escalated complaints re CoC, since Krzysztof Kosiński has resigned.  Hopefully someone with training or experience with conflict resolution or mediation.  Not much time needed, probably would never happen, but need to be ready just in case.  Currently it's vacant.
 +
 +
* Discuss the possibility of having something like a jobs board on the new forum.  Something similar to https://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php?board=12.0  Would need strict rules to prevent misuse, spam, liability, etc.
 +
 +
== Other Agenda Items ==
 +
* Sponsor acceptance policy
 +
* Funded development [bryce]
 +
** Identify Manager/Reviewer/Second for each of the jobs
 +
** How should we advertise the jobs?
 +
* Outreachy: Next round starts in August [https://www.outreachy.org/mentor/]
 +
 +
=== Action Items ===
 +
* Future hackfests
 +
** Hackfest organizational tips (Need to document this someplace)
 +
*** Process: Have folks propose options, and then trade off cost projections and benefits
 +
*** Try to organize group lodging (same hotel, rented/air-bnb house, http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.en.html, etc.)
 +
*** Send a scout ahead of time to help avoid slummy accommodations
 +
*** Catered lunches help keep everyone focused (we're already reimbursing on lunches, so cost differential isn't huge, and it saves hassle all around)
 +
*** Boots on the ground at a location can be a huge help if plans go awry
 +
*** Prefer locations with local inkscape community on the ground
 +
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/en/support-us/funded-development/ Funded development] [bryce]
 +
* Add a C++-11 conversion project with tasks detailed to the Roadmap for 0.93 or later.  [valavanisalex]
 +
* Regularly check [[Sponsors_list|sponsor status]]
 +
 +
== Blocked Action Items ==
 +
 +
* Privacy Policy [drmo] ~ Blocked waiting on time availability by SFC
 +
* Amend CoC reporting section ~ Waiting until we have a dedicated email, e.g. abuse@inkscape.org
 +
 +
 +
== Board Meeting Transcripts ==
 +
 +
=== 2019 ===
 +
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-11-01.log.html 2019-11-01]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-10-04.log.html 2019-10-04]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-09-06.log.html 2019-09-06]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-08-03.log.html 2019-08-03]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-07-26.log.html 2019-07-26]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-07-12.log.html 2019-07-12]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-06-07.log.html 2019-06-07]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-05-03.log.html 2019-05-03]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-04-05.log.html 2019-04-05]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-03-01.log.html 2019-03-01]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-02-01.log.html 2019-02-01]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-01-04.log.html 2019-01-04]
 +
 +
=== 2018 ===
 +
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-12-07.log.html 2018-12-07]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-11-02.log.html 2018-11-02]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-10-05.log.html 2018-10-05]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-09-07.log.html 2018-09-07]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-08-03.log.html 2018-08-03]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-07-06.log.html 2018-07-06]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-06-01.log.html 2018-06-01]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-05-04.log.html 2018-05-04]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-04-06.log.html 2018-04-06]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/board_meeting_2018-03-02.html 2018-03-02]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/12009/ 2018-02-02]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11875/ 2018-01-05]
 +
 +
=== 2017 ===
 +
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/paste/11743/ 2017-12-01]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/paste/11651/ 2017-11-03]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11517/ 2017-10-06]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11377/ 2017-09-01]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11250/ 2017-08-04]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11176/ 2017-07-07]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11064/ 2017-06-02]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10844/ 2017-04-07]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10740/ 2017-03-03]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10651/ 2017-02-03]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10582/ 2017-01-06]
 +
 +
=== 2016 ===
 +
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10484/ 2016-12-02]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10241/ 2016-11-04]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9971/ 2016-09-02]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9864/ 2016-08-05]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9766/ 2016-07-08]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9667/ 2016-06-03]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9563/ 2016-05-06]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9565/ 2016-04-01]
  
=== For Nov 26th ===
+
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/7276/ 2016-01-08]
  
* [[Hackfest2015 | '''LGM hackfest''']]
+
=== 2015 ===
** The Pitch. Final approval.
 
** Donation page design & mockup
 
** Recruitment of more planners / volunteers
 
** Other projects to extend invitations (Gtk, Cairo, Wayland...)
 
** Code of Conduct
 
* Fundraising campaign
 
** django development status
 
** Fundable projects review
 
* Developer book campaign
 
* Static testing (Jenkins, Coverity, ...)
 
** Disk space limitation issue
 
* Other items of business
 
** Code licensing
 
** Credentials - need all board members to submit gpg keys.  Need to organize a key signing party (e.g. at hackfest)
 
** Website statement for code of conduct and privacy policy
 
* GSoC 2015
 
  
=== Future Agenda Items ===
+
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/7056/ 2015-12-04]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/6886/ 2015-11-06]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/6701/ 2015-10-02]
  
* GSoC 2015
+
=== 2014 ===
  
== Minutes ==
+
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/2498/ 2014-11-26]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/2216/ 2014-11-19]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/2210/ 2014-11-12]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/2204/ 2014-11-05]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/1436/ 2014-10-15]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/950/ 2014-10-08]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/854/ 2014-09-29]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/392/ 2014-09-15]
  
* Meeting 2014-09-15: notes http://inkscape.org/en/paste/392/
+
'''[https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/=pastebin/?q=meeting&order=-edited Website search for all transcripts]'''
* Meeting 2014-09-22: skipped
 
* Meeting 2014-09-29: notes http://inkscape.org/en/paste/854/
 
* Meeting 2014-10-08: notes http://inkscape.org/en/paste/950/
 
* Meeting 2014-10-15: notes http://inkscape.org/en/paste/1436/
 
* Meeting 2014-10-22: skipped
 
* Meeting 2014-10-29: skipped
 
* Meeting 2014-11-05: notes http://inkscape.org/en/paste/2204/
 
* Meeting 2014-11-12: notes http://inkscape.org/en/paste/2210/
 
* Meeting 2014-11-19: notes http://inkscape.org/en/paste/2216/
 

Latest revision as of 14:20, 14 November 2019

Place and Time

We meet in #inkscape-devel on freenode. You can also join the #team-devel discussion channel on chat.inkscape.org to partake in the meeting.

Board meetings are typically the first Friday of each month.

Everybody in the Inkscape community is invited to participate.

Next meeting: 10:00 PDT/18:00 UTC/19:00 CET, (click for world clock), Fri., December 7, 2019. (Time is fixed to 10 AM Pacific Time.)

Meetings should be announced in advance on inkscape-devel and inkscape-board mailing lists.

Agenda

  • Hackfests
    • Next Hackfest
      • Possible places:
        1. Boston (MIT/FSF)
        2. Paris (Palaiseau - Télécom ParisTech)
        3. Kiel
        4. Québec City
        5. Brussels (FOSDEM, 2nd & 3rd February)
        6.  ? (GUADEC, summer)
    • LGM/Rennes Hackfest
  • GSoC
  • Budget
  • Bug migration off Launchpad
  • Infrastructure
    • mailing list migration off SourceForge
    • Wiki migration off OSUOSL
    • Weblate service deployment
  • Software Release status
    • 2geom 1.1
    • Inkscape 0.92.5
    • Inkscape 1.0beta
  • Other Business
  • Need someone to handle escalated complaints re CoC, since Krzysztof Kosiński has resigned. Hopefully someone with training or experience with conflict resolution or mediation. Not much time needed, probably would never happen, but need to be ready just in case. Currently it's vacant.

Other Agenda Items

  • Sponsor acceptance policy
  • Funded development [bryce]
    • Identify Manager/Reviewer/Second for each of the jobs
    • How should we advertise the jobs?
  • Outreachy: Next round starts in August [1]

Action Items

  • Future hackfests
    • Hackfest organizational tips (Need to document this someplace)
      • Process: Have folks propose options, and then trade off cost projections and benefits
      • Try to organize group lodging (same hotel, rented/air-bnb house, http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.en.html, etc.)
      • Send a scout ahead of time to help avoid slummy accommodations
      • Catered lunches help keep everyone focused (we're already reimbursing on lunches, so cost differential isn't huge, and it saves hassle all around)
      • Boots on the ground at a location can be a huge help if plans go awry
      • Prefer locations with local inkscape community on the ground

Blocked Action Items

  • Privacy Policy [drmo] ~ Blocked waiting on time availability by SFC
  • Amend CoC reporting section ~ Waiting until we have a dedicated email, e.g. abuse@inkscape.org


Board Meeting Transcripts

2019

2018

2017

2016

2015

2014

Website search for all transcripts