Difference between revisions of "Board Meetings"

From Inkscape Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(98 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
== Place and Time ==
 
== Place and Time ==
  
We meet in #inkscape-devel on [https://freenode.net/ freenode].
+
We meet in #inkscape-devel on [https://freenode.net/ freenode]. You can also join the [https://chat.inkscape.org/channel/team_devel #team-devel discussion channel on chat.inkscape.org] to partake in the meeting.
  
 
Board meetings are typically the first Friday of each month.
 
Board meetings are typically the first Friday of each month.
Line 7: Line 7:
 
<em>Everybody in the Inkscape community is invited to participate.</em>
 
<em>Everybody in the Inkscape community is invited to participate.</em>
  
Next meeting:  [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=7&day=7&year=2017&hour=19&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 Noon PDT/15:00 DMT (DoctorMonTime)/21:00 CEST, (click for world clock)], Fri, July 7th, 2017.
+
Next meeting:  [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20191207T10&p1=202 10:00 PDT/18:00 UTC/19:00 CET, (click for world clock)], Fri., December 7, 2019. (Time is fixed to 10 AM Pacific Time.)
  
 
Meetings should be announced in advance on [https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel inkscape-devel] and [https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-board inkscape-board] mailing lists.
 
Meetings should be announced in advance on [https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel inkscape-devel] and [https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-board inkscape-board] mailing lists.
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
 +
* Hackfests
 +
** Next Hackfest
 +
*** Possible places:
 +
***# Boston (MIT/FSF)
 +
***# Paris (Palaiseau - Télécom ParisTech)
 +
***# Kiel
 +
***# Québec City
 +
***# Brussels (FOSDEM, 2nd & 3rd February)
 +
***# ? (GUADEC, summer)
 +
** LGM/Rennes Hackfest
  
* [[Hackfest2017|Hackfest Paris, June 27th-July 1st]] [tav]
+
* GSoC
  
* 2017 Budget
+
* Budget
  
* Merchandise sales [bryce, Mc]
+
* Bug migration off Launchpad
** Spreadshirt account now ready to go
 
** Self-serve merchandise sales - spreadshirt, cafepress, Golden Ribbon, Think Penguin or similar [Mc-]
 
  
* Funded development [bryce]
+
* Infrastructure
** Identify Manager/Reviewer/Second for each of the jobs
+
** mailing list migration off SourceForge
** How should we advertise the jobs?
+
** Wiki migration off OSUOSL
 +
** Weblate service deployment
  
* GSoC 2017 [tav]
+
* Software Release status
** Projects accepted:
+
** 2geom 1.1
*** SVG 2 Text
+
** Inkscape 0.92.5
*** Better CSS Support
+
** Inkscape 1.0beta
  
* git migration debrief
+
* Other Business
  
* Infrastructure backup/alternate hosting
+
* Need someone to handle escalated complaints re CoC, since Krzysztof Kosiński has resigned.  Hopefully someone with training or experience with conflict resolution or mediation.  Not much time needed, probably would never happen, but need to be ready just in case.  Currently it's vacant.
  
* Other Business
+
* Discuss the possibility of having something like a jobs board on the new forum.  Something similar to https://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php?board=12.0  Would need strict rules to prevent misuse, spam, liability, etc.
  
 +
== Other Agenda Items ==
 +
* Sponsor acceptance policy
 +
* Funded development [bryce]
 +
** Identify Manager/Reviewer/Second for each of the jobs
 +
** How should we advertise the jobs?
 +
* Outreachy: Next round starts in August [https://www.outreachy.org/mentor/]
  
 
=== Action Items ===
 
=== Action Items ===
* Merchandise Sales
 
** Get doctormo and prkos added as shopkeepers
 
 
 
* Future hackfests
 
* Future hackfests
 
** Hackfest organizational tips (Need to document this someplace)
 
** Hackfest organizational tips (Need to document this someplace)
Line 50: Line 62:
 
*** Prefer locations with local inkscape community on the ground
 
*** Prefer locations with local inkscape community on the ground
  
* Fundraising
 
** Need to engage a few more fund raising efforts
 
 
* Credentials management for board members and administrators [bryce]
 
** GPG keys
 
** Policy on website credential access
 
** List of administrators needing credential access
 
** Setting up a shared project administrative account for various services
 
** Check that our credentials escrow includes √<s>twitter</s>, facebook, Inkscape forum admin, and IRC moderation keys [bryce]
 
 
* Finalization of Budget 2016 [bryce]
 
** Update the budget, see what $$ remains in the hackfest fund [bryce]
 
 
* [https://inkscape.org/en/support-us/funded-development/ Funded development] [bryce]
 
* [https://inkscape.org/en/support-us/funded-development/ Funded development] [bryce]
 
* Add a C++-11 conversion project with tasks detailed to the Roadmap for 0.93 or later.  [valavanisalex]
 
* Add a C++-11 conversion project with tasks detailed to the Roadmap for 0.93 or later.  [valavanisalex]
* Regularly check sponsor ads / sponsor mentions on the website:
+
* Regularly check [[Sponsors_list|sponsor status]]
** Advance Systems: added Dec 9th, 2016
 
** Deals Land UK: added June, 21st, 2017
 
  
 
== Blocked Action Items ==
 
== Blocked Action Items ==
Line 74: Line 72:
  
  
== Transcripts ==  
+
== Board Meeting Transcripts ==
 +
 
 +
=== 2019 ===
 +
 
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-12-06.log.html 2019-12-06]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-11-01.log.html 2019-11-01]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-10-04.log.html 2019-10-04]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-09-06.log.html 2019-09-06]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-08-03.log.html 2019-08-03]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-07-26.log.html 2019-07-26]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-07-12.log.html 2019-07-12]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-06-07.log.html 2019-06-07]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-05-03.log.html 2019-05-03]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-04-05.log.html 2019-04-05]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-03-01.log.html 2019-03-01]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-02-01.log.html 2019-02-01]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2019-01-04.log.html 2019-01-04]
 +
 
 +
=== 2018 ===
 +
 
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-12-07.log.html 2018-12-07]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-11-02.log.html 2018-11-02]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-10-05.log.html 2018-10-05]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-09-07.log.html 2018-09-07]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-08-03.log.html 2018-08-03]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-07-06.log.html 2018-07-06]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-06-01.log.html 2018-06-01]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-05-04.log.html 2018-05-04]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-04-06.log.html 2018-04-06]
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/board_meeting_2018-03-02.html 2018-03-02]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/12009/ 2018-02-02]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11875/ 2018-01-05]
 +
 
 +
=== 2017 ===
 +
 
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/paste/11743/ 2017-12-01]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/paste/11651/ 2017-11-03]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11517/ 2017-10-06]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11377/ 2017-09-01]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11250/ 2017-08-04]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11176/ 2017-07-07]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/11064/ 2017-06-02]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10844/ 2017-04-07]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10740/ 2017-03-03]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10651/ 2017-02-03]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10582/ 2017-01-06]
 +
 
 +
=== 2016 ===
 +
 
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10484/ 2016-12-02]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/10241/ 2016-11-04]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9971/ 2016-09-02]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9864/ 2016-08-05]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9766/ 2016-07-08]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9667/ 2016-06-03]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9563/ 2016-05-06]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/9565/ 2016-04-01]
 +
 
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/7276/ 2016-01-08]
 +
 
 +
=== 2015 ===
 +
 
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/7056/ 2015-12-04]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/6886/ 2015-11-06]
 +
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/6701/ 2015-10-02]
 +
 
 +
=== 2014 ===
  
* Meeting 2014-09-15: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/392/
+
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/2498/ 2014-11-26]
* Meeting 2014-09-29: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/854/
+
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/2216/ 2014-11-19]
* Meeting 2014-10-08: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/950/
+
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/2210/ 2014-11-12]
* Meeting 2014-10-15: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/1436/
+
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/2204/ 2014-11-05]
* Meeting 2014-11-05: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/2204/
+
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/1436/ 2014-10-15]
* Meeting 2014-11-12: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/2210/
+
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/950/ 2014-10-08]
* Meeting 2014-11-19: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/2216/
+
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/854/ 2014-09-29]
* Meeting 2014-11-26: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/2498/
+
* [https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/392/ 2014-09-15]
* Meeting 2015-10-02: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/6701/
 
* Meeting 2015-11-06: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/6886/
 
* Meeting 2015-12-04: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/7056/
 
* Meeting 2016-01-08: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/7276/
 
* Meeting 2016-04-01: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/9565/
 
* Meeting 2016-05-06: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/9563/
 
* Meeting 2016-06-03: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/9667/
 
* Meeting 2016-07-08: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/9766/
 
* Meeting 2016-08-05: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/9864/
 
* Meeting 2016-09-02: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/9971/
 
* Meeting 2016-11-04: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10241/
 
* Meeting 2016-12-02: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10484/
 
* Meeting 2017-01-06: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10582/
 
* Meeting 2017-02-03: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10651/
 
* Meeting 2017-03-03: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10740/
 
* Meeting 2017-04-07: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10844/
 
* Meeting 2017-06-02: transcript https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/11064/
 
  
* Archive of all transcripts:  https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/=pastebin/?q=meeting&order=-edited
+
'''[https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/=pastebin/?q=meeting&order=-edited Website search for all transcripts]'''

Latest revision as of 12:18, 9 December 2019

Place and Time

We meet in #inkscape-devel on freenode. You can also join the #team-devel discussion channel on chat.inkscape.org to partake in the meeting.

Board meetings are typically the first Friday of each month.

Everybody in the Inkscape community is invited to participate.

Next meeting: 10:00 PDT/18:00 UTC/19:00 CET, (click for world clock), Fri., December 7, 2019. (Time is fixed to 10 AM Pacific Time.)

Meetings should be announced in advance on inkscape-devel and inkscape-board mailing lists.

Agenda

  • Hackfests
    • Next Hackfest
      • Possible places:
        1. Boston (MIT/FSF)
        2. Paris (Palaiseau - Télécom ParisTech)
        3. Kiel
        4. Québec City
        5. Brussels (FOSDEM, 2nd & 3rd February)
        6.  ? (GUADEC, summer)
    • LGM/Rennes Hackfest
  • GSoC
  • Budget
  • Bug migration off Launchpad
  • Infrastructure
    • mailing list migration off SourceForge
    • Wiki migration off OSUOSL
    • Weblate service deployment
  • Software Release status
    • 2geom 1.1
    • Inkscape 0.92.5
    • Inkscape 1.0beta
  • Other Business
  • Need someone to handle escalated complaints re CoC, since Krzysztof Kosiński has resigned. Hopefully someone with training or experience with conflict resolution or mediation. Not much time needed, probably would never happen, but need to be ready just in case. Currently it's vacant.

Other Agenda Items

  • Sponsor acceptance policy
  • Funded development [bryce]
    • Identify Manager/Reviewer/Second for each of the jobs
    • How should we advertise the jobs?
  • Outreachy: Next round starts in August [1]

Action Items

  • Future hackfests
    • Hackfest organizational tips (Need to document this someplace)
      • Process: Have folks propose options, and then trade off cost projections and benefits
      • Try to organize group lodging (same hotel, rented/air-bnb house, http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.en.html, etc.)
      • Send a scout ahead of time to help avoid slummy accommodations
      • Catered lunches help keep everyone focused (we're already reimbursing on lunches, so cost differential isn't huge, and it saves hassle all around)
      • Boots on the ground at a location can be a huge help if plans go awry
      • Prefer locations with local inkscape community on the ground

Blocked Action Items

  • Privacy Policy [drmo] ~ Blocked waiting on time availability by SFC
  • Amend CoC reporting section ~ Waiting until we have a dedicated email, e.g. abuse@inkscape.org


Board Meeting Transcripts

2019

2018

2017

2016

2015

2014

Website search for all transcripts