Difference between revisions of "Board Meetings"

From Inkscape Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(10 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 7: Line 7:
 
<em>Everybody in the Inkscape community is invited to participate.</em>
 
<em>Everybody in the Inkscape community is invited to participate.</em>
  
Next meeting:  [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20200904T10&p1=202 10:00 PDT/17:00 UTC/19:00 CEST, (click for world clock)], Fri., Sept 4, 2020. (Time is fixed to 10 AM Pacific Time.)
+
Next meeting:  [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20201002T10&p1=202 10:00 PDT/17:00 UTC/19:00 CEST, (click for world clock)], Fri., Oct. 2, 2020. (Time is fixed to 10 AM Pacific Time.)
  
 
Meetings should be announced in advance on [https://lists.inkscape.org/hyperkitty/list/inkscape-devel@lists.inkscape.org inkscape-devel] and [https://lists.inkscape.org/hyperkitty/list/inkscape-board@lists.inkscape.org inkscape-board] mailing lists.
 
Meetings should be announced in advance on [https://lists.inkscape.org/hyperkitty/list/inkscape-devel@lists.inkscape.org inkscape-devel] and [https://lists.inkscape.org/hyperkitty/list/inkscape-board@lists.inkscape.org inkscape-board] mailing lists.
Line 15: Line 15:
 
* Apple developer membership status update (bryce)
 
* Apple developer membership status update (bryce)
  
* Hackfests
+
* Gitlab OSS program progress (MC)
** [[Hackfest2020 Online]] report and discussion (doctormo)
 
  
* GSoC Report (Tav)
+
* Outreachy program report (Mc)
 +
 
 +
* GSoC Mentor Summit? (Tav)
  
 
* Developer meeting update (Mc)
 
* Developer meeting update (Mc)
** Release plans/report for 1.0.1
+
** How was 1.0.1?
** Release plans for 1.1
+
** Release date for 1.1
 
 
* Bug migrator sticker update (crogers)
 
  
 
* Community and developer development. (Tav)
 
* Community and developer development. (Tav)
Line 33: Line 32:
 
* Vectors update (ryangorley)
 
* Vectors update (ryangorley)
  
* Increasing board diversity/changing organization (ted)
+
* Board structure update(?) (ted)
 
+
*:We've talked about board members have specific responsibilities. I (Tav) have tried to come up with a list of specific tasks.
== Deferred Agenda ==
+
*# SFC Liaison
 
+
*#* Communicate issues with SFC. Followup to ensure issues are addressed.
** Next Hackfest
+
*#* Report results of board votes to SFC.
*** Possible places:
+
*# Treasurer
***# Boston (MIT/FSF)
+
*#* Prepare budget (yearly).
***# Paris (Palaiseau - Télécom ParisTech)
+
*#* Prepare votes for budget items.
***# Kiel
+
*#* Monthly reports (one or two lines).
***# Québec City
+
*# Board Meeting Manager
***# Brussels (FOSDEM)
+
*#* Announce meetings.
***# ? (GUADEC, summer)
+
*#* Updates agenda with board member's input.
 +
*#* Posts minutes (if we switch to video meetings, keep notes).
 +
*# Community in-reach
 +
*#* Liaisons with various groups of Inkscape's internal community (developers, translators, etc.).
 +
*#* Hackfest coordinator (Aids hackfest organizers deal with logistics, SFC rules, etc.).
 +
*#* Developer development.
 +
*# Community out-reach
 +
*#* Development of greater community (e.g. users).
 +
*#* Monitors social media.
 +
*#* Vector's liaison.
 +
*# Fund raising
 +
*#* Looks for new sources of funding.
 +
*#* Co-ordinates with Vector's and others on funding campaigns.
 +
*# ?
 +
*: I (Tav) would volunteer for the treasurer role.
 +
*: I (Martin) would volunteer for the SFC Liaison role.
  
 
* Budget
 
* Budget
  
* Bug migration off Launchpad
+
== Deferred Agenda ==
 
 
* Infrastructure
 
** mailing list migration off SourceForge
 
** Wiki migration off OSUOSL
 
** Weblate service deployment
 
 
 
* Software Release status
 
** 2geom 1.1
 
** Inkscape 0.92.5
 
** Inkscape 1.0rc
 
 
 
* Other Business
 
  
 +
* Next Hackfest
 
* Need someone to handle escalated complaints re CoC, since Krzysztof Kosiński has resigned.  Hopefully someone with training or experience with conflict resolution or mediation.  Not much time needed, probably would never happen, but need to be ready just in case.  Currently it's vacant.
 
* Need someone to handle escalated complaints re CoC, since Krzysztof Kosiński has resigned.  Hopefully someone with training or experience with conflict resolution or mediation.  Not much time needed, probably would never happen, but need to be ready just in case.  Currently it's vacant.
 
* Discuss the possibility of having something like a jobs board on the new forum.  Something similar to https://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php?board=12.0  Would need strict rules to prevent misuse, spam, liability, etc.
 
 
* [[License Discussion]] : move from GPLv2+ to GPLv3+ -- necessary because of planned new deps and change in old deps
 
 
== Other Agenda Items ==
 
 
=== Action Items ===
 
* Future hackfests
 
** Hackfest organizational tips (Need to document this someplace)
 
*** Process: Have folks propose options, and then trade off cost projections and benefits
 
*** Try to organize group lodging (same hotel, rented/air-bnb house, http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.en.html, etc.)
 
*** Send a scout ahead of time to help avoid slummy accommodations
 
*** Catered lunches help keep everyone focused (we're already reimbursing on lunches, so cost differential isn't huge, and it saves hassle all around)
 
*** Boots on the ground at a location can be a huge help if plans go awry
 
*** Prefer locations with local inkscape community on the ground
 
 
* [https://inkscape.org/en/support-us/funded-development/ Funded development] [bryce]
 
* Add a C++-11 conversion project with tasks detailed to the Roadmap for 0.93 or later.  [valavanisalex]
 
* Regularly check [[Sponsors_list|sponsor status]]
 
 
== Blocked Action Items ==
 
 
* Privacy Policy [drmo] ~ Blocked waiting on time availability by SFC
 
* Amend CoC reporting section ~ Waiting until we have a dedicated email, e.g. abuse@inkscape.org
 
 
  
 
== Board Meeting Transcripts ==  
 
== Board Meeting Transcripts ==  
  
 
=== 2020 ===
 
=== 2020 ===
 +
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2020-10-02.log.html 2020-10-02]
 
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2020-03-06.log.html 2020-03-06]
 
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2020-03-06.log.html 2020-03-06]
 
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2020-02-07.log.html 2020-02-07]
 
* [https://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2020-02-07.log.html 2020-02-07]

Revision as of 18:46, 2 October 2020

Place and Time

We meet in #inkscape-devel on freenode. You can also join the #team-devel discussion channel on chat.inkscape.org to partake in the meeting.

Board meetings are typically the first Friday of each month.

Everybody in the Inkscape community is invited to participate.

Next meeting: 10:00 PDT/17:00 UTC/19:00 CEST, (click for world clock), Fri., Oct. 2, 2020. (Time is fixed to 10 AM Pacific Time.)

Meetings should be announced in advance on inkscape-devel and inkscape-board mailing lists.

Agenda

  • Apple developer membership status update (bryce)
  • Gitlab OSS program progress (MC)
  • Outreachy program report (Mc)
  • GSoC Mentor Summit? (Tav)
  • Developer meeting update (Mc)
    • How was 1.0.1?
    • Release date for 1.1
  • Vectors update (ryangorley)
  • Board structure update(?) (ted)
    We've talked about board members have specific responsibilities. I (Tav) have tried to come up with a list of specific tasks.
    1. SFC Liaison
      • Communicate issues with SFC. Followup to ensure issues are addressed.
      • Report results of board votes to SFC.
    2. Treasurer
      • Prepare budget (yearly).
      • Prepare votes for budget items.
      • Monthly reports (one or two lines).
    3. Board Meeting Manager
      • Announce meetings.
      • Updates agenda with board member's input.
      • Posts minutes (if we switch to video meetings, keep notes).
    4. Community in-reach
      • Liaisons with various groups of Inkscape's internal community (developers, translators, etc.).
      • Hackfest coordinator (Aids hackfest organizers deal with logistics, SFC rules, etc.).
      • Developer development.
    5. Community out-reach
      • Development of greater community (e.g. users).
      • Monitors social media.
      • Vector's liaison.
    6. Fund raising
      • Looks for new sources of funding.
      • Co-ordinates with Vector's and others on funding campaigns.
    7.  ?
    I (Tav) would volunteer for the treasurer role.
    I (Martin) would volunteer for the SFC Liaison role.
  • Budget

Deferred Agenda

  • Next Hackfest
  • Need someone to handle escalated complaints re CoC, since Krzysztof Kosiński has resigned. Hopefully someone with training or experience with conflict resolution or mediation. Not much time needed, probably would never happen, but need to be ready just in case. Currently it's vacant.

Board Meeting Transcripts

2020

2019

2018

2017

2016

2015

2014

Website search for all transcripts