Difference between revisions of "1.0 Release Bug Fix List"
(→C.Rogers List: Persistent problems in production workflow and teaching new users & designers to use Inkscape)
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
* Copy/Paste clones makes them smaller '''
* Copy/Paste clones makes them smaller '''bug'''
Revision as of 21:59, 15 July 2018
This area is for listing the bugs which should be fixed before the 1.0 release of Inkscape. This suggestion list is based on the idea that our 1.0 release should be released as if it were a commercial-grade product. Ideally this means fixing most bugs relating to design workflow, and is not intended to request new features in Inkscape. Let's fix what's broken first!
To keep track of which team member posts what, please put your name above your list. All bugs listed here should have links to bug tracker bug reports.
C.Rogers List: Persistent problems in production workflow and teaching new users & designers to use Inkscape
- Copy/Paste clones makes them smaller Bug 1781711:
- Selection precision fails when zoomed out (needs bug tracker link)
- Selection changes when Space is used to stamp/duplicate an object near another object (needs bug tracker link)
Grids and Rulers:
- Grid defaults to px measurements even when document units are mm (needs bug tracker link)
- Ruler marks do not line up with grid (needs bug tracker link)
- Display does not refresh after some undo operations (needs bug tracker link)
- Clipping shapes vanish when a clipped object is ungrouped (needs bug tracker link)
- SVG linking creates a low-res raster of the svg instead of proper linking. (needs bug tracker link)
- Text which overflows the text box loses linebreaks from text pasted into textbox (needs bug tracker link)
- Inkscape crashes on copy (text) with nothing selected (needs bug tracker link)
- Font size should be a spin button (needs bug tracker link)
- Adjustable line spacing gets stuck with no units selected (needs bug tracker link)
- Default pasted text size is HUGE (needs bug tracker link)
- Text box leaves artifacts when resized (needs bug tracker link)
- Inkscape crash dialog is unresponsive, and must wait for the system to kill it (Ubuntu) (needs bug tracker link)
- Inkscape should offer to recover the previously working file after a crash. (needs bug tracker link)
- Inkscape takes a long time to show the UI, and when loading, there is no indication that it's loading something (needs bug tracker link)
- "Paste Style" makes some things vanish (needs bug tracker link)
- Inkscape's "bevels","Non-realistic 3D Shaders","Ridges", "Scatter", "Shadows and Glows" filter sets produce objectively terrible results, and should be redone to match the quality of other Inkscape filters, or removed from the default Inkscape set. (needs bug tracker link)
- Selecting multiple line widths offers a percent value in the stroke width spin box (as it should), however, when the spin button is used, the value of 100% does not change, and the stroke values jump to a lower value. (needs bug tracker link)
Moini's list: Frequently reported problems in forums etc. and my own pet bugs
- Objects dialog slows Inkscape down so much that its penalty outweighs its advantage (usually only needed when you have many objects in the drawing - but then Inkscape becomes unusably slow)
- Slow ungrouping can freeze Inkscape for hours (and some users wait for it to finish)
- Find a solution for too-wide toolbars that do not allow the user to adjust options properly (e.g. text tool only allows to access preset values for kerning and letter rotation)
- Activate autosave by default
- Consider removing Cairo PNG from export options (unless it's useful for something?) or add a hint that it's *not* the same as PNG. It confuses people.
- Add some more obvious hint when people are drawing invisible objects (if possible somehow). Maybe highlight the indicator fields at the bottom or something...
- Make more keyboard shortcuts configurable (e.g. letter rotation - I guess this is also a G(tk)Action thing?) so they can be used with different keyboard layouts
- Font selector drop down for text tool (master) - autoscrolling up / down makes using it awkward, as you can no longer close the dropdown again (instead, it keeps scrolling up)
- Inkscape could add a crash report to its crash dialog, that would make user reports more useful
- Consider implementing Martin's suggestion for broadcasting important news (needs to be secure, and needs an option to disable)
- Sometimes nodes duplicate themselves for no reason
- Some extensions open closed paths (https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/202540, has patch, untested)