Why you need Inkscape, especially if you already have Illustrator
Lets face it: most designers and illustrators are equipped with Adobe Illustrator before even finding this website, so we need some way to tell them how much they need Inkscape as well as Illustrator and that Illustrator alone isn't as powerful as both.
To do this, we need to point out:
- Illustrators weaker points
- gradients have no transparency
- pen tool's control split over different tools
- Inkscape's strengths
- easier to learn and faster to use
- SVG-compatible, saves to a format Illustrator understands
- much better bitmap tracing
If I am missing any or you would like to elaborate on any of those points, please feel free to add or update, this article is still in concept stage right now, but should be written by fall, when the new summer of code stuff is implemented!