- 1 Release highlights
- 2 Improvements
- 3 Regression fixes
- 4 Notable bugfixes
- 5 More bug fixes
- 6 Translations
- 7 Documentation
- 8 Known issues
- 9 Previous releases
Not yet released
Inkscape 0.92.4 is a stability and bugfix release.
Align and Distribute
You can now align multiple (ungrouped) objects as group relatively to another, single object.
This makes "treat selection as group" useful with the selections "Last selected / First selected / Biggest object / Smallest object" in which case all elements will be moved as a group relative to the "focused" element which will be kept fixed.
Example aligning multiple (ungrouped) objects to first selected object:
The movement of the color sliders can now be constrained by holding the "Ctrl" key while dragging.
(step size is 16 if the max value is 255, and 10 if the max is 100)
Previously, the current selection was lost after running an extension. Now, whenever possible, Inkscape will try to keep the objects selected.
Automated Graphics Processing
Inkscape is now able to read and write pipes. You can use this to process data without using temporary files.
You can read from standard input:
cat vector.svg | inkscape --file - --export-png img.png
You can write image data to standard output and directly convert to JPEG:
inkscape --file vector.svg --export-png - | convert - out.jpg
Also full processing chain is possible by reading and writing to pipes:
cat vector.svg | inkscape --file - --export-png - | convert - out.jpg
- Improved saving speed (especially some extreme slowdowns with certain large files like those created by Adobe Illustrator were resolved, see also bug #1793877)
- Improved filter rendering speed and filter rendering (Commit)
- Deselecting a path with many nodes could take a long time (Bugs #1652100 and #1745763)
- Ungrouping text elements could result in changed font size of children (Bug #1733651)
- Some printer drivers (reportedly Canon, EPSON, and Konica Minolta drivers) either failed to print at all or scaled documents to the wrong paper size, because Inkscape always sent jobs with custom paper sizes instead of sizes supported by the drivers. (Bug #630635 comments 3-7; bug #1289733; GitLab MRs 258 and 259)
- The measurement tool got confused by mirrored text. Now it measures distances between letters correctly, even when mirrored. (Bug #1738504)
- Fix reduced opacity of partially transparent embedded bitmap images in PDF export. (Bug #381677)
- Fix reduced opacity of partially transparent filtered objects in PDF export when "Rasterize filter effects" is active. (Bug #381677)
- Fixed a very annoying crash when Shift/Ctrl-clicking on control handles of shapes. (Bug #1594877)
- Inkscape can now be built with up-to-date poppler library 0.72.0, which is especially useful for Mac users using Homebrew for building Inkscape (Commit)
More bug fixes
There were even more issues fixed than those listed above, but these probably only affect a small portion of users, or are relevant for development and packaging only.
The following UI translations received updates:
The following installer translations received updates:
The following documentation translations received updates:
Contributing to interface translations
Want to help with translations? Learn how to help!
- Layout of HTML Keyboard Shortcut Reference improved
- Indicate correct keyboard shortcut for the measurement tool in Keyboard Shortcut Reference
- Clarification in the man page for usage of the -z / --verb options in combination
Contributing to documentation and documentation translation
Contributions to the documentation translations, as well as improvements to its contents, are welcome at the inkscape-docs repository.