(not released yet - AnnouncePlanning049)
It is now easier to select "hidden" items: use Alt+mouse wheel scroll to cycle through all items that are stacked on top of each other at the location of the mouse pointer (use Shift+Alt+mouse wheel scroll to add to the existing selection). At present, groups are not honoured, i.e., only individual items within groups are considered.
- New Flash XML Graphics (FXG) export format.
- Compressed SVG and media export extension improvements. New options: set an image directory in the zip file, and add a text file that sums up the fonts used in the SVG document.
Gimp XCF improvements
- The "Save Background" option allows users to choose if the page background is saved with each Gimp layer.
- The exported layers now use the label attribute or, if not set, the id attribute.
- New help tab.
- Some bugs and warnings fixed.
- Some extension parameters (enum items, radiobutton options, description and groupheader) can now be translated with context (add msgctxt attribute with the context as value). Other parameters in progress, but apparently, intltool-extract doesn't support context on attributes (only on element values). --JazzyNico 07:18, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- The new guillotine extension is used for exporting png slices from a drawing. The slice rectangles are defined by adding horizontal and vertical guides within the canvas boundary, the canvas boundary serves as the outside of the sliced area.
- Number nodes. New parameters allowing users to choose the starting dot number and the numbering step between two nodes.
- The new G-code tools extension converts paths to G-code (using circular interpolation), makes offset paths and engraves sharp corners using cone cutters.
- Color Markers to Match Stroke extension improvements. The markers can now inherit the fill and stroke colors and alpha channels from the object, or be customized with color selectors in a separate tab.
Live Path Effects
Here a list of the current state; note that this is very much work in progress and anything can change. I think this is the most efficient place of keeping track how the powerstroke LPE works.
- stroke knots are purple diamonds
- when first applied, 3 stroke knots are added one at start, one at end, one somewhere in the middle along the path.
- adding nodes: ctrl+click purple knot, unselect object, reselect it.
- "sort points" reorders the stroke knots according to where they lie along the path (where they are closest to the path), instead of keeping them in original order.
Text and Fond, Fill and Stroke and Check Spelling dialogs added to the text object context menu (right click).
- The Keyboard and mouse reference (inkscape-docs project) and color palettes' labels are now translatable .
- New tutorial translations in Galician.
- New man pages in Chinese (zh_TW) and Slovak (sk), and updated French translation. [Galician (gl) and Polish (pl) in progress]
- Man pages now use PO files for translation (inkscape-docs project).
New "Exchange position of selected objects" feature. It adds three buttons in the Align and Distribute dialog (rearrange group) that exchange the selected objects position: 1. according to the selection order, 2. according to the stacking order, and 3. clockwise.