From Inkscape Wiki
A List of Refactoring Projects
See Refactoring plan for guidelines on how to refactor.
- Derive SPStar from SPShape (not SPPolygon), update 'object/README'.
- Move sp-item-transform.h functions into SPItem.
- Move sp-item-update-cns.h function into SPItem.
- Move sp-item-rm-unsatisfied-cns.h function into SPItem.
- Remove config.h code (or document why it is needed).
- Remove macros.h (or document why it is needed).
- Remove dependence on Glib::object in ResourceManager().
- Simplify ResourceManager... it does only one thing: fix broken links.
- In SPObject one can write:
setKeyValue( sp_attribute_lookup("x"), "y");
These are redundant and neither is really convenient. SPObject perhaps should have it's own setAttribute() function.
- Rename helper-fns.h with a better discriptive name and move to util(?).
- Remove god-awful SPWidget (only used for selection).
- Move most files in 'src' to subdirectories, add README for each directory with description of contents.
- In toolbars, use dataKludge or data or tbl or holder ... but not all four! (Maybe combine with C++ify toolbars -- probably removed need for data.)
- Remove InkAction class. Normal GTK button actions should be able to handle SVG icons... no need for derived class.
- C++ify toolbars.
- Convert verbs to Gio::Action's(?).
- Add a one or two line description of what each file contains at the top of the file if it is missing.
- Remove livarot, moving any needed functionality into lib2geom or other files.
Super Large Projects
- Convert all GtkActions's and Gtk::Action's to Gio::Action's.
- Convert GUI to XML files.
- Invert 'y' coordinate system to match SVG.