Jenkins server setup
From Inkscape Wiki
The software that was installed on our Ubuntu testing server (jenkins.inkscape.org).
apt-get install emacs24-nox
Inkscape build dependencies
apt-get install bazaar apt-get build-dep inkscape apt-get install autopoint
Follow the instructions on Jenkins wiki:
wget -q -O - https://jenkins-ci.org/debian/jenkins-ci.org.key | sudo apt-key add - sudo sh -c 'echo deb http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/debian binary/ > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jenkins.list' sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install jenkins
sudo /etc/init.d/jenkins start
Jenkins is now accessible through port 8080.
- Manage Jenkins -> Global security
- Enable security
- Access control -> Jenkins' own user database, allow users to sign up. Anyone can do anything. Save.
- Sign yourself up.
- Back to Global security
- Access control -> Authorization -> matrix-based security.
- add your username to the matrix and give yourself full auth.
- Access control -> disallow users to sign up (no reason for it, and may confuse people)
- figure out how to reroute traffic such that jenkins.inkscape.org works instead of only jenkins.inkscape.org:8080