Gradient tool goodness that Johan is working on. As items are taken care of, they're removed from the main text of this page. The controls/features will be copied to the bottom of this page in temp release notes (they will be fleshed out prior to the 0.46 release).
The latest diff is always made against the latest SVN at that time. Go download here. (gradientyymmdd-hhmm.diff)
- Port the "repeat" combobox from the fill & stroke dialog.
- Port the spinbox for location of currently selected stop - enables precision placement.
- Delete key deletes selected stop(s).
- More than one stop can be selected to perform various actions - Selecting more than one could be accomplished with Shift or the Mousewheel (just like the node tool).
- sculpting - Alt modifier will sculpt stops like the node tool.
- shifting - equally move stops in whichever direction.
- mass deletion - delete more than one stop at the same time (delete key for example).
- Change alpha of selected stop(s) with modifier + mousewheel hovering over stop (perhaps Alt+Mousewheel)
- rotating/resizing the gradient by using the [,],<, and > keys. (these keys perform those functions in other tools)
strike through = i _think_ it's fixed, but please check; remove if confirmed fix :) (johan)
- When adding new mid-stops they are not automatically selected.
- Mid-stops can leave the fixed plane if arrow keys are used to move them.(other bugs materialize with a linear gradient if you move by mouse after it's left the plane via keys)
- Gradient fill & Stroke issue...
- Create object, create fill gradient with color of choice, create stroke gradient with different colors.
- Create object, on gradient toolbar choose the Stroke button, and select one of the two gradients. Then switch the button on the toolbar to Fill and choose the other gradient.
The result is that when you assign the gradient to the fill on step two, it will change the stroke to that same gradient as well. May be present in 0.45.
Please explain more detailed. I cannot reproduce it in a way it does not happen the other way around. Also for 0.45? (johan)
Create gradient and add 3 mid-stops, select the gradient start node and Tab. The order it tabs through is not correct. Create gradient and add a mid-stop, move midstop once, Undo. The midstop moves to the Start of gradient.
Gradient Tool changes:
- Stops in gradients can be added and edited on-canvas now.
- Stops can be added by double clicking on the gradient line or by Ctrl+Alt+Click on the line.
- Stops can be deleted by Ctrl+Alt+Click on the Stop.