From Inkscape Wiki
Topics for Inkscape's 2018 Hackfest
- Overall structure review (Tav)
- Source Directory Structure (Tav)
- GTK 3
- Modernising start-up: GtkApplication instead of GtkMain; GOption instead of Popt
- Fund raising
- Marketing/Outreach (Inkscape Vectors)
- Cloudscale.ch service hosting (Bryce)
- Visitor Review
- Popular Content
- Conversion Performance
- Website Objectives
- Technical Discussion
- Django CMS Constraints
- Responsive Frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap)
- Static Mockups
- Development Planning
- Which items targeted for 0.93 are still doable in available timeframe? Ensure all 0.93-targeted items are assigned to an active developer. Push remaining items to future milestones.
- What else must be achieved before we can release 1.0? Make sure roadmap reflects it. Move anything extraneous to post-1.0 or to other lists.
Suggestions from Community
- Extensions: Update to Python 3 before Python 2 is deprecated.
Copied from 2017 Hackfest for inspiration... move up to add to 2018 topics
- Developer Infrastructure
- Automatic builds (windows, mac os)
- Failure with gitlab.
- Inkscape Code
- Flexible layout
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Text Tool - Tool Bar
- Coordinate system flip
- Standardize dialog code
- Bugs/Requests (from G+)
- path/bitmap dialog doesn't remember defaults
- Dockable: Properties, Export PNG dialogs.
- Document Properties dialog too large.
- Dockable dialogs steal keystrokes. (x2)
- Export: foo.svg.png
- Surface Pro 3 pen not recognized as having pressure
- Native Mac OS X (x2)
- Menus too long
- Export to JPG.
- User control over 90dpi vs 96dpi
- Theme Dark/Light