It would be very useful to have a central Internet repository for Inkscape extensions, similarly as Firefox has. This way, Inkscape could update installed extensions from the web site, with no need for the user to know if an extension is updated.
- 1 Extensions
- 1.1 ExtrudeEffect
- 1.2 InkscapeCalendarShellScript
- 1.3 InkscapeAreaCutter
- 1.4 EQTeXSVG
- 1.5 InkLaTeX
- 1.6 TexText
- 1.7 PathDeform
- 1.8 InkBar
- 1.9 SWF output
- 1.10 Puff
- 1.11 Sudoku Generator
- 1.12 CalligraphedOutlineFill
- 1.13 SlotStar
- 1.14 inkscapeLatexExtension
- 1.15 s.a.w.s
- 1.16 Generator
- 1.17 TikZ exporter
- 1.18 FindMatch
- 1.19 InkSyntax
- 1.20 Place Objects on Path
- 1.21 JessyInk
- 1.22 svg2dxf
- 1.23 PixelSnap
- 1.24 Guide creator
- 1.25 Scale Generator
- 1.26 Seven Segment Digits
- 1.27 Close curves
- 1.28 Gcode tools
- 1.29 Closeoff, Scatterpath, Selection, Zigzag and Netting
- 1.30 Inksmoto
- 1.31 Close Curves
- 1.32 gcodetools
- 1.33 SignCut Export
- 1.34 Boardgame extensions
- 1.35 Inkscape CAMM-GL Extension
- 1.36 Badge Renderer
- 1.37 Guillotine
- 1.38 Replace Font
- 1.39 Sozi
- 1.40 CMYK pdf/tiff export
- 1.41 O-Scape; Orienteering map making tools
- 1.42 Mirror
- 1.43 Tables in Inkscape
- 1.44 deviantArt uploaders
- 1.45 Musical scales
- 1.46 Deep Ungroup
- 1.47 Layer Clip
- 2 Extensions for Programmers:
- 3 The Repository Specification
- 4 Name Proposal
- 5 Mockups
Extrude polygons to "3d", also make "string art".
Creating calendars sucks or is impractical if you do not have something that automates the process of putting the days organized in blocks of months for you. To format manually is easy, but this extension can help you on this too Bash script, works for Win32 with Cygwin.
For web designers. Slice your site design into .png images. (pt_BR)
Convert an inline LATEX equation into SVG path using Python.
Insert LaTeX text or equations into Inkscape.
Embed re-editable LaTeX objects into SVG drawings.
Bend a path according to another one. N.B. This extension was added to Inkscape 0.45 as "Pattern along Path".
Create EAN13 bar codes.
Save drawings as SWF.
Fluffs elements! :D
Generates a Sudoku square with its solution (in a small square if you want).
Helps to fill in the inside area of shapes drawn with the Calligraphy tool.
Helps to draw the star of slot of a winding of an electrical machine
Extract text in an SVG drawing to a LaTeX picture environment.
Export an SVG as valid XHTML/CSS files.
Replace text and data to automatically generate files (as PDF, PS, JPG, etc...), based on an SVG template and a data file. eg a CSV file
Export SVG paths as TikZ/PGF code for use with LaTeX.
Looks for paths that match the selected path and places all matches on the same layer.
Places objects on a curve. The curve is the object that has the lowest z-order (and which must be a path). Distances between objects remain the same as they were before placing. If objects can't be placed on the curve because of their distances they are left in place. Objects will not be modified; clones are allowed. Arrange distances between your objects manually first as curve position and direction.
Updated version of Better Better DXF output which adds support for polylines and does not overwrite the default inkscape simpletransform.py. See README if getting lxml xpath errors.
Tool for aligning object/paths onto the pixel grid for bitmap export.
Creates multiple guides at once, at set intervals.
Create ruler scales / map scales.
Create calculator style digits.
Closes all open paths in the selection.
Generates Gcode program (used in CNC machinery) from given paths.
See  for how to use Zigzag and scater extensions.
Level editor for the Xmoto game.
Extension to close the paths in the selection, useful for importing filled paths into openoffice.
Gcodetools is a plug-in for Inkscape. It prepares and converts paths from Inkscape to Gcode, using biarc interpolation. for use with CNC milling machines.
Set of extensions that come with SignCut to enable Inkscape users to use plotters / cutters via the SignCut software.
Inkscape Extensions for Boardgame Developlemt 1. Includes a hexagonal board/hexmap creator and tools to sheets of tiles for counters ect.
... vinyl cutting utility for Inkscape
This program is basically just a cut manager. Create artwork in Inkscape, save with the supplied hpgl_output extension, and cut or plot with this program. The program does provide some useful functions, but it is by no means a fully featured solution. I do use it exclusivly, and it currently satisfies my needs.
... A little script to render a badge in a Inkscape document. This is only a little python script used as example in an article for my GLUG (SaLUG!) journal. This can be used to quickly render a badge. It can be improved, for example, with shadow direction and reflex direction. As soon as possible I'll do it.
This is a mirror of the GIMP guillotine function, it allows you to drag guides onto the canvas, and then using Export->Guillotine, export those slices as pngs to the directory and filename of your choice. It also has an option for using export hints, if your drawing has previously been exported. Forum link
Allows mass replacement of the fonts in a document. Can list existing fonts. Forum link
Extension to export to CYMK colourspaced PDFs / Tiffs. In development (september 2010)
Extensions to help make Orienteering maps; see this interview for more information
Mirror a path along any axis.
Adds (experimental?) table suport as an extension.
Upload artwork to deviantArt from the "publish to" menue item under extensions.
Extension for automatic generation schemes of musical scale and chords on piano.
Ungroup all groups in the selected object.
This is a a set of Inkscape extension scripts for setting and removing clip paths for entire layers. Inkscape has no trouble rendering or editing layers with clip paths, but it currently has no built-in method of setting the clip path for a layer, this is the purpose of these extensions.
Features include: Clip containing layer, Clip layer above, Clip layer below, Clip parent layer.
Notes: You must select an object in the clipping layer before applying the extension, otherwise you will receive an error message. It is a good idea to lock the layer after the extension has been applied. You may also require hiding the clipping layer when using "Clip layer below". This may be exploited to create a masking layer. Tested on Inkscape 0.48.2 r9819
Extensions for Programmers:
Inkscape extension with Ruby
Extension to enter text from a CSV file
The Repository Specification
A website where programmers can publish their extensions, users can search by that, and an update program can access this updates.
- User Registration: to allow upload, votes and comments
- Extension Validation: when published, it is public, but the user must be notified that was not validated (the code must be viewed by an validator user). The software updater do not update non-validated versions.
- Validation Feedback: the validator user must write why the extension was not validated.
- Extension Deletion: the validator user can delete an extension or version when he found a malicious code. The upload user must be marked as a malicious user and the account must be blocked.
- Extension Search: with filter, by any available data.
- User Votes and Comments for Extensions: The user can vote and/or comment an extension version.
- Extension Bug-Tracker: today, third part extensions are in simple web-pages. The site may have a Bug-Traker to help all little scripts.
- User Extensions Requests: a lot of users have ideas. Here is a good place for programmers see and make that alive.
- Host a cool page for the extension: allow introduction text, documenbtation, screenshots, examples, and i18n!
- Help the l10n of this extensions: with a web interface, like pootle and provide the l10n file for the updater program.
- Provide Version Control: A SVN account will be cool, but web uploads (by web-forms) can be transparently SVN commits.
The Extension Meta-Data
The data in INX file and more some, like the OS and Inkscape version compatibility...
The INX file will define the meta-data settable by that. If some extension uses multiples INX files to have more than one option in the menu, all INX files must be read to set the meta-data. The meta-data will be cached in a database to help the search. The DB only need the meta-data of the last validated version and the last non-validated (if that is newer).
The Update Program
- Search for New Extensions: when the user request
- Update Extensions: search for updates and install that
- Help the Code Validation: for advanced users. Show the extension code and the diff if is that an update.
- Help the User Bug-Reporting: that is not working! The user must say now! (When the Update Program be part of the Inkscape, the error window can have a button to submit a bug-report)
- Must test the extension dependencies: the user must know what is needed to install before try to use.
Propose a name for the Inkscape Extension Repository:
- The Factory
- Extension Factory
- INX Factory
Why Factory? Because it is not only a repository. ;-)
- The Furnace
Because Fire & Coal (Passion & Knowledge) are your tools for creating the extensions
Here are some suggestions for what an extension repository might look like.
I have no idea of the detail of this project; I don't currently have the skills necessary to try implementing it. I'm also not sure whether it's a good idea for Inkscape to offer hosted repositories (using Redmine or Trac?) or whether it would be better to just leave it to the developer to use somewhere like GitHub or BitBucket and then use their APIs to pull some basic data onto the site. Legio noctis 10:19, 23 May 2010 (UTC)