Difference between revisions of "Board Meetings"

From Inkscape Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(fix some nicks)
Line 11: Line 11:
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
 
=== Action Items from December Meeting ===
 
* √<s>Ensure KK and Alex discuss sponsor recognition</s> [tav]
 
* √<s>Invite Alex to make a proposal for Leeds</s> [bryce]
 
* √<s>Draft budget</s> [bryce]
 
* √<s>Do a vote for another OSUOSL donation</s> [bryce]
 
** √<s>Increase Hackfest by 50%</s>
 
** √<s>Increase funds for Other Events</s>
 
  
 
=== Action Items from January Meeting ===
 
=== Action Items from January Meeting ===
 +
* √<s>New agenda for next month</s> [bryce]
 +
* √<s>Post meeting minutes</s> [scislac]
 +
* √<s>Arrange vote on Leeds hackfest proposal</s> [bryce]
 +
* √<s>Identify who has not registered their GPG keys for credentials access, that should</s> [bryce]
 +
* √<s>Prepare for GSoC 2016 project application</s>
 +
** √<s>Get Project Suggestions list ready for GSoC</s> [bryce]
 +
** √<s>Send bryce list of required details for Project Suggestions page</s> [scislac]
 +
** √<s>Submit mentoring application (opens Feb 8th, deadline Feb 19th)</s> [scislac]
 +
** √<s>Solicit mentors to be pre-assigned to project ideas (tweenk & tav already volunteered)</s> [scislac]
 
* Amend CoC reporting section once we have a dedicated email, e.g. abuse@inkscape.org
 
* Amend CoC reporting section once we have a dedicated email, e.g. abuse@inkscape.org
 
* Revise sponsorship levels doc based on the meeting discussion, to provide an effective thank-you for sponsors [tweenk]
 
* Revise sponsorship levels doc based on the meeting discussion, to provide an effective thank-you for sponsors [tweenk]
* Arrange vote on Leeds hackfest proposal [bryce]
+
* Check that our credentials escrow includes √<s>twitter</s>, facebook, Inkscape forum admin, and IRC moderation keys [bryce]
* Check that our credentials escrow includes twitter, facebook, Inkscape forum admin, and IRC moderation keys [bryce]
+
* Identify who has not registered their GPG keys for credentials access, that should [bryce]
+
 
* Rekindle release process for 0.91.1 (after SCALE) [scislac]
 
* Rekindle release process for 0.91.1 (after SCALE) [scislac]
 
* Rekindle release process for 0.92.  Need to complete cmake work, enter feature freeze, and announce timeline for finishing the release [bryce]
 
* Rekindle release process for 0.92.  Need to complete cmake work, enter feature freeze, and announce timeline for finishing the release [bryce]
 
* Add a C++-11 conversion project with tasks detailed to the Roadmap for 0.93 or later.  [valavanisalex]
 
* Add a C++-11 conversion project with tasks detailed to the Roadmap for 0.93 or later.  [valavanisalex]
* Prepare for GSoC 2016 project application
 
** Get Project Suggestions list ready for GSoC [bryce]
 
** Send bryce list of required details for Project Suggestions page [scislac]
 
** Submit mentoring application (opens Feb 8th, deadline Feb 19th) [scislac]
 
** Solicit mentors to be pre-assigned to project ideas (tweenk & tav already volunteered) [scislac]
 
 
* Arrange vote on GPLv2+ board statement [bryce]
 
* Arrange vote on GPLv2+ board statement [bryce]
 
* Contact GIMP developers about licensing of GPLv3+ code included in Inkscape [tweenk]
 
* Contact GIMP developers about licensing of GPLv3+ code included in Inkscape [tweenk]
* √<s>New agenda for next month</s> [bryce]
 
* √<s>Post meeting minutes</s> [scislac]
 
  
 
=== For February 5th ===
 
=== For February 5th ===
Line 44: Line 36:
 
* Finalization of Budget 2016 [bryce]
 
* Finalization of Budget 2016 [bryce]
 
* [https://inkscape.org/en/support-us/funded-development/ Funded development] [bryce]
 
* [https://inkscape.org/en/support-us/funded-development/ Funded development] [bryce]
 +
* Other Business
 +
 +
=== For April 1st ===
 +
* √<s>Other Business</s>
 +
 +
=== For May 6th ===
 +
* Followup to GPLv2+ licensing
 +
* Followup to CoC work
 +
* Followup to sponsorship level
 +
* Credentials management for board members and administrators
 +
** GPG keys
 +
** Policy on website credential access
 +
** List of administrators needing credential access
 +
** Setting up a shared project administrative account for various services
 +
* Rekindle 0.92 release
 
* Other Business
 
* Other Business
  
Line 68: Line 75:
 
* Meeting 2015-12-04: notes https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/7056/
 
* Meeting 2015-12-04: notes https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/7056/
 
* Meeting 2016-01-08: notes https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/7276/
 
* Meeting 2016-01-08: notes https://inkscape.org/gallery/item/7276/
 +
* Meeting 2016-04-01: notes https://inkscape.org/en/~bryce/%E2%98%85april-1-2016-inkscape-board-meeting-minutes

Revision as of 00:25, 9 April 2016

Place and Time

We meet in #inkscape-devel on freenode.

Everybody in the Inkscape community is invited to participate.

Next meeting: Noon PDT/21:00 CEST, Fri, Feb 5th.

Meetings should be announced in advance on inkscape-devel and inkscape-board mailing lists.

Agenda

Action Items from January Meeting

  • New agenda for next month [bryce]
  • Post meeting minutes [scislac]
  • Arrange vote on Leeds hackfest proposal [bryce]
  • Identify who has not registered their GPG keys for credentials access, that should [bryce]
  • Prepare for GSoC 2016 project application
    • Get Project Suggestions list ready for GSoC [bryce]
    • Send bryce list of required details for Project Suggestions page [scislac]
    • Submit mentoring application (opens Feb 8th, deadline Feb 19th) [scislac]
    • Solicit mentors to be pre-assigned to project ideas (tweenk & tav already volunteered) [scislac]
  • Amend CoC reporting section once we have a dedicated email, e.g. abuse@inkscape.org
  • Revise sponsorship levels doc based on the meeting discussion, to provide an effective thank-you for sponsors [tweenk]
  • Check that our credentials escrow includes √twitter, facebook, Inkscape forum admin, and IRC moderation keys [bryce]
  • Rekindle release process for 0.91.1 (after SCALE) [scislac]
  • Rekindle release process for 0.92. Need to complete cmake work, enter feature freeze, and announce timeline for finishing the release [bryce]
  • Add a C++-11 conversion project with tasks detailed to the Roadmap for 0.93 or later. [valavanisalex]
  • Arrange vote on GPLv2+ board statement [bryce]
  • Contact GIMP developers about licensing of GPLv3+ code included in Inkscape [tweenk]

For February 5th

  • GSoC 2016 [scislac]
  • Sponsorship levels [tweenk]
  • Finalization of Budget 2016 [bryce]
  • Funded development [bryce]
  • Other Business

For April 1st

  • Other Business

For May 6th

  • Followup to GPLv2+ licensing
  • Followup to CoC work
  • Followup to sponsorship level
  • Credentials management for board members and administrators
    • GPG keys
    • Policy on website credential access
    • List of administrators needing credential access
    • Setting up a shared project administrative account for various services
  • Rekindle 0.92 release
  • Other Business

Past Agenda Items Still Open

  • Hackfest 2016: Leeds [valavanisalex]
  • Privacy Policy [drmo]
  • Licensing issues (GPL v2+) [tweenk]

Proposed New Agenda Items

Minutes