This announce planning page is based on AnnouncePlanning047 - What you see below has been copied from there and edited. Refer to the Release notes/0.91 for details on what's new, different and improved.
- 1 Tasks
- 2 Announcement Process
- 3 Press Release Translations
- 4 Press Release Text
- 5 Inkscape 0.91 Released!
- 6 Places to Announce
|Task||Performer||Projected Date of completion||Status|
|Informal PR text - DRAFT||0%|
|Informal PR text||0%|
|Translated Informal PR text||0%|
|Formal PR text - DRAFT||0%|
|Formal PR text||0%|
|Translated Formal PR text||0%|
|Contacts & Sources||Collaborated on this wiki page||5th June||15%|
- Create News posts (using the small overview below) on all the relevant social sites: reddit, twitter, facebook, Google+, hacker news, slashdot, etc.
- Create a new Page on the Inkscape website that has the Formal Announcement on it (for linking purposes) have links back to the social bookmarking stories for the release.
- Post the official announcement to the Inkscape News on the website, and on all the relevant Inkscape lists (eg. announce, user, developer)
- Send out the informal announcement (include a link to the web page with the formal announcement)
- Send out the formal announcement. (include a link to the web page with the formal announcement)
Press Release Translations
Once the English Press Release text has been finalized, translation can start into other languages.
The current goal for this PR text is to have the English version finished by DATE.
Please Create a new Wiki page for planning / translating the 0.91 PR in your language here:
Press Release Text
The Inkscape project proudly announces a new release of its outstanding open source vector graphics editor. Version 0.91 includes ...
For More Information
Complete Release Notes for 0.91 http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Release_notes/0.91
Community Contributed Screenshots http://inkscape.org/screenshots/
Inkscape is an open source drawing tool that uses the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) scalable vector graphics format (SVG). Some supported SVG features include basic shapes, paths, text, markers, clones, alpha blending, transforms, gradients, and grouping. In addition, Inkscape supports Creative Commons' metadata, node-editing, layers, complex path operations, text-on-path, text-in-shape, and SVG XML editing. It can also import EPS, PostScript, and most bitmap formats, and exports PNG, PS, PDF and various vector formats. Inkscape's main motivation is to provide the Open Source community with a fully W3C compliant XML, SVG, and CSS2 drawing tool. Additional work includes conversion of the codebase from C/Gtk to C++/Gtkmm, emphasizing a lightweight core with powerful features added through an extension mechanism, and maintaining a friendly, open, community-oriented development process.
The Inkscape Community Announces 0.91 Release :: http://www.inkscape.org :: Draw Freely.
After over a year of intensive development and refactoring, Inkscape 0.91 is out. This version of the SVG-based vector graphics editor brings improved performance and tons of new features, some of which are as follows: New Live Path Effects (including Powerstroke), and much more. There are over X bug reports and feature requests closed with this release. Check out the full release notes for more information about what has changed, enjoy the screenshots, or just jump right to downloading your package for Windows, Linux or Mac OS X.
Informal Announcement Text
- Write me! **
Formal Announcement Text
Inkscape 0.91 Released!
The Inkscape community announces the release of Inkscape 0.91. Inkscape is an multi-platform, Open-Source Vector Graphics Editor that uses SVG as its native file format. Digital artists use it to produce professional quality work. Engineers and scientists use it to create clear drawings to explain their ideas. Everyday people use it to create simple drawings, develop their design skills, and just have fun. This new version features faster and more accurate rendering, new and improved tools, as well as better and wider file-format support.
Just a few of the highlights in this release:
- Under-the-hood, Inkscape has moved to the Cairo rendering library which results in fast, high quality rendering while reducing memory usage. Filter effects are now accelerated with OpenMP multithreading.
- Measurement Tool
- This new tool allows designers to measure between or across objects; especially useful for font design.
- Text Tool
- All available font-variants are now displayed and selectable. Currently used font faces are displayed at the top of the font-selector. CSS 2 font lists are supported.
- Symbol library dialog with drag and drop support. Visio stencils supported.
- On-screen Editing
- Multi-colored and labeled guide-lines, better snapping, dialog status and position preserved between editing sessions.
- Pixel Tracing
- New routine for high quality vectorization of pixel art.
- Cross-platform WMF and EMF import and export, improved Visio (VSD) and Coral Draw (CDR) import, new Flash XML Graphics (FXG), Synfig Animation Studio (SIF), and HTML5 Canvas export.
For a complete list of new and improved features see the <a href="http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Release_notes/0.91">0.91 Release Notes</a>.
The new version of Inkscape for Windows, Linux, and OSX can be obtained from our <a href="https://inkscape.org/en/download/">download page</a>.
Places to Announce
Receive small overview
|Web Site / Media||Who will contact / post||Notes...|
|http://reddit.com||?||someone needs to post a short excerpt announcing the release, and link it to inkscape.org.|
|http://digg.com||?||digg.com someone needs to post a short excerpt announcing the release, and link it to inkscape.org.|
|http://slashdot.org||?||submit a new news item.|
|http://newsvine.com||?||submit a new news item.|
|(1 Web Site / Media)||(2 Who will contact / post)||(3 Notes...)|
Receive Informal PR
Open Source Community
|Contact Name||Who will contact / post||Notes...|
|gnome office list||who?||gnome-office-list at gnome dot org|
|svg developers yahoo group||svg-developers at yahoo dot com must join the list to send (rejon is on)|
|SVG.org||antoine at graougraou dot com, svg at steltenpower dot com|
|svgfaq.org||maxdunn at siliconpublishing dot com|
|svgfoundation.org||michael (at) svgfoundation.org|
|cairo list||cairo at cairographics dot org|
|gnome-list||gnome-announce-list at gnome dot org|
|Scribus List (mrdocs)||scribus at nashi dot altmuehlnet dot de|
|Freshmeat.net||a new release has to be added to inkscape's freshmeat profile|
|scale-a-vector||kukofka at scale-a-vector dot de http://www.scale-a-vector.de/cont.htm|
|revelinux.com||theobroma at revelinux dot com|
Broader Inkscape & Art Community
|Contact Name||Who will contact / post?||Notes...|
|Inkscape deviantart group||ScislaC||http://inkscape.deviantart.com/|
|the inkscape forum||ScislaC||http://www.inkscapeforum.com/ run by microUgly|
|inkscape tutorials blog||http://inkscapetutorials.wordpress.com/|
|open clip art library firstname.lastname@example.org|
|open clip art library news|
|Inkscape Community (tutorials, forum, gallery)||brynn||http://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php|
|bittbox.com - vector art blog||contact(at)bittbox.com|
|The Daily Ubuntu - Daily Ubuntu Applications||http://www.contactify.com/35b54|
Other Inkscape Users
Inkscape is attracting growing numbers of users in different fields such as scrapbooking, craft-makers, fabric designers and people creating a range of technical drawings. How can we get the word out to these groups?
|website / magazine / list||Who will contact / post?||Notes...|
Receive Formal PR
|Contact Name||Who will contact / post?||Notes...|
|http://linuxformat.co.uk/||login and submit news via top of page link|
|http://linux-magazine.com/||pr(at)linux - magazine (dot) com|
|http://linuxmagazine.com/||jbrockmeier at linux hyphen mag DOT com.|
|http://www.tuxmagazine.com/||editor at tuxmagazine dot com|
|http://www.computerarts.co.uk/||dom dot hall at futurenet dot co dot uk http://www.computerarts.co.uk/contacts|
|http://www.theopensourcereport.com/||contact at theopensourcereport dot com|
|http://www.builderau.com.au/||Chris Duckett, editor at builderau dot com dot au|
|http://www.zdnet.com.au||edit at zdnet dot com dot au|
- Smashing Magazine - http://www.smashingmagazine.com/
- openpr - http://openpr.com/news/submit.html
- nettime-ann - http://www.nettime.org/
- See Kansas City infoZine: http://www.infozine.com/news/stories/op/storiesView/sid/5080/
German news sites
These will be contacted by Alexander
- http://it-news-blog.org email@example.com
- http://ubuntunews.de/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://winfuture.de/ Presse@WinFuture.de
- http://www.chip.de/ email@example.com
- http://www.com-magazin.de/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://www.dpa.de/ email@example.com
- http://www.faz.net/ Info@faz.net
- http://www.geektown.de firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://www.golem.de/sonstiges/impressum.html, email@example.com
- http://www.gulli.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://www.itespresso.de/ email@example.com
- http://www.linux-community.de/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://www.linux-magazin.de/ email@example.com
- http://www.netzwelt.de/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://www.pc-magazin.de/ email@example.com
- http://www.pcwelt.de/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://www.pro-linux.de/news/10/1/news-mitteilen.html (nur reinkopieren ins Formular) und
- http://www.t-online.de/ email@example.com
- http://www.zdnet.de/ firstname.lastname@example.org