Funded Project System Development
√ Verify the following Project Types are defined in the database:
Administration, Bug Triaging, Bug Fixing, Refactoring, Feature Development, Documentation, Website, Tool Development, Other
√ It's time to get rid of the tripling of projects on the Projects page.
- The interface is very slow. It makes it difficult to figure out how the site works. Clicking on one of the project name takes so long to bring up that project's information that one wonders if that was the correct way to do it. If the interface cannot be sped up then at least some instructions should be added to the web page. (e.g. "Click on project name to edit that project's parameters.")
- SVG's are not allowed for the Banner and Logo!! I've heard that there is some great Libre Graphics program that can produce SVGs that scale better than PNGs on the web...
- The Logo is required to be 150x150 px but it is displayed at a different resolution leading to blurring. (See #2 for solution.)
- Can't change "Proposer". The initial projects should have "Inkscape" as the proposer.
- Can't format the "Project Updates". We should be able to use at least a limited set of HTML tags. [Markdown is available in https://code.launchpad.net/~marenhachmann/inkscape-web/projects-pages, but there's no way currently to limit the kind of markup we want to allow. Not sure if it's enough to limit design by CSS alone...]
- "Project Update" is not a good title for the initial project description. We should have "Project Description" (or something similar) followed by a "Project Update" section. [These are now separate items in https://code.launchpad.net/~marenhachmann/inkscape-web/projects-pages]
- What does "Importance" mean. It is not clear what the input should be (text or number), what the numbers mean (low number more important than high number?), and what is the range of acceptable numbers. A drop-down menu might be better here. [Implemented in https://code.launchpad.net/~marenhachmann/inkscape-web/projects-pages]
- How are the project fund raising goals set? I didn't see that in the interface.
- The project summaries on "https://inkscape.org/en/project/" should be customizable and not just first few lines of the "Project Update". [Bryce asked for an 'elevator pitch']
- Decide where in the site to link to the Add a Project form. Maybe under Contribute? [We can add that link to several places, I think. I'd also like to see it on the Funded Projects page itself.]
- How should we hook in the ui/mockups gallery category to the projects? We could tie specific items or a single gallery so we can attach files to the project? [Easiest way: by linking from a text, maybe?]
- How should we vote or +1 various projects? Should we have separate +1 Concept (in an ideal world) +1 Design (I like the design for this project) +1 Technical (It's technically well spec'd)? Or just a single thumbs up?
- How do we identify that a given applicant is valid? (I.e. that they are in the AUTHORS file) Perhaps look at what was done for the voting system since it has the same requirement. Maybe the users table needs to have a field or flag added to indicate people who are official Inkscape contributors? [We could use the team functionality for this. There will be a group/team for developers.]
- State update. A process is periodically invoked to calculate the state of projects. Most state changes are time-based, but there are exceptions that allow adjusting states manually.
- Update users about progress (Hook up to mailing system).
- Keep track of edits of the respective items (wishlist)
- Allow for discussion on a project (wishlist)
- Description (not in trunk, but exists in https://code.launchpad.net/~marenhachmann/inkscape-web/projects-pages) - Progress Reporting URL (not in trunk, what is this for?) + Deliverables + Acceptance Criteria + Expected Duration + Date Started # Implies is_assigned + Date Completed + Proposer + Supporter ('Second') + Reviewer + is_fundable + is_pre_approved + Importance + Logo + Banner + Title + Slug (for url) + Date created + Date edited + Manager + Project Type
+ Project + Description + Image + Creator + Date created + Date edited
+ Content + Detail
(A single deliverable item) + For Project + Name + sort order + Date targeted + Date finished
(A task or sub-task of a deliverable stage) + For Deliverable (= delive) + Name + Date targeted + Date finished
Application (= Worker)
- Job Qualifications (not in trunk, needed? Could also live inside 'plan') + person_id (= user) + job_id (= project) + Implementation Plan (= plan) + Date Vetted + Assigned
- fundraiser_id - Fundraising Coordinator
- job_id - fundraiser_id - Amount