Board Meetings

From Inkscape Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Place and Time

We meet in #inkscape-devel on freenode.

Board meetings are typically the first Friday of each month.

Everybody in the Inkscape community is invited to participate.

Next meeting: Noon PST/15:00 DMT (DoctorMonTime)/21:00 CET, (click for world clock), Fri, March 3rd, 2017.

Meetings should be announced in advance on inkscape-devel and inkscape-board mailing lists.

Agenda

  • Merchandise sales [bryce, Mc]
    • Spreadshirt account now ready to go
    • Need volunteers to set up and administer the Inkscape shop
    • Self-serve merchandise sales - spreadshirt, cafepress, Golden Ribbon, Think Penguin or similar [Mc-]
      • √ Investigate how you setup where your money goes
      • √ Register an 'Inkscape Admin' account on the site (and add credentials to our credentials repo)
      • Need to define our designs (SVG). Maybe official "about" images, inkscape logo, etc. just to start
      • Maybe arrange things to give some cash back to original authors, esp. for about screen images
      • Upload a few designs
      • Decide on a price to set
      • Convince people to buy the items
      • Can set up a "shop" for your brand
      • Mc- will help work on getting this set up
  • Inkscape forum followup
  • Mesh gradient feature followup [tav]
  • LGM 2017 (Rio de Janeiro: April 20-23 [dates not final]) [ted]
  • Funded development [bryce]
    • Are the three projects still relevant? Yes
    • Identify Manager/Reviewer/Second for each of the jobs
    • How should we advertise the jobs?
  • Next hackfest
  • GSoC 2017 [tav]
    • JavaScript "extensions"
    • Polyfills
    • Coordinate inversion
    • Remove dependence on garbage collector
    • etc.
  • Other Business


Action Items

  • svg 2.0:
    • Land GUI changes for enabling meshgradients for 0.92.x [Tavmjong]
    • Release a pre3 with meshgradients [bryce]
    • Look at warning/cleaning for "plain svg" [doctormo]
  • Merchandise Sales
    • Get doctormo and prkos added as shopkeepers
  • Future hackfests
    • 0.93 oriented hackfest [Tavmjong] HackfestGtk3 Hackfest_0.93
      • Location and time highly TBD
      • Tav will brainstorm on wiki about what it might look like
    • SCALE oriented event [scislac]
      • Maybe could include class on contributing/hacking on inkscape (JonCruz suggestion)
    • Hackfest organizational tips
      • Process: Have folks propose options, and then trade off cost projections and benefits
      • Try to organize group lodging (same hotel, rented/air-bnb house, http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.en.html, etc.)
      • Send a scout ahead of time to help avoid slummy accommodations
      • Catered lunches help keep everyone focused (we're already reimbursing on lunches, so cost differential isn't huge, and it saves hassle all around)
      • Boots on the ground at a location can be a huge help if plans go awry
      • Prefer locations with local inkscape community on the ground
  • Fundraising
    • Need to engage a few more fund raising efforts, esp. with release as a goal
  • Forum
    • inkscapeforum is overwhelmed by moderation actions required (spam mostly), roughly 4000 new per month (50 spams per valid message), and lacks adequate active administrators
    • Contact inkscapeforum (deadline next Board meeting) [Scislac]
      • Maybe request database dump (and maybe site tarball).
      • If we can get a DB dump, consider feasibility of simply transplanting the phpBB
    • Establish an "Inkscape Forum Exploratory Committee" to lay groundwork in case we need to establish our own Inkscape-managed forum
      • Recruit 3-5 folks for this committee. Ask Brynn to chair. [Bryce]
      • Evaluate pros/cons of potential forum software candidates
        • Are there DJango forums plugins as functional as phpBB?
        • Consider benefits of tight/loose integration with our Django website vs. something standalone
        • Consider hosting requirements (OSUOSL or elsewhere??)
        • Consider administrative requirements for maintaining/upgrading software
      • Plan the chartering of a moderation team
      • Plan steps for curtailing spam. E.g. akismet, req. account to post; auto-ban spammer accounts; etc.
      • Plan steps for customizing the forum site design appearance / style
      • Present a recommended course of action
  • Credentials management for board members and administrators [bryce]
    • GPG keys
    • Policy on website credential access
    • List of administrators needing credential access
    • Setting up a shared project administrative account for various services
    • Check that our credentials escrow includes √twitter, facebook, Inkscape forum admin, and IRC moderation keys [bryce]
  • Finalization of Budget 2016 [bryce]
    • Update the budget, see what $$ remains in the hackfest fund [bryce]
  • Funded development [bryce]
  • Add a C++-11 conversion project with tasks detailed to the Roadmap for 0.93 or later. [valavanisalex]
  • Regularly check sponsor ads / sponsor mentions on the website (Advance Systems: added Dec 9th, 2016)

Blocked Action Items

  • Privacy Policy [drmo] ~ Blocked waiting on time availability by SFC
  • Amend CoC reporting section ~ Waiting until we have a dedicated email, e.g. abuse@inkscape.org
  • Rekindle release process for 0.91.1 [scislac]
  • Verify large donation landed in our account, and then confirm and followup with Scislac for next steps on recognition, etc. [bryce]
    • (No sign of it having landed...)


Past Agenda Items

  • Make mention of the code of conduct on the mailing list and website [bryce]
  • Brainstorm future hackfests
    • Focused hackfests? Possible topics: 0.92 release, GTK3.
  • Followup to GPLv2+ licensing [tweenk]
  • Followup to CoC work
  • √<a>Arrange vote on GPLv2+ board statement</s> [bryce]
  • GSoC 2016 kickoff [scislac]
  • Debrief from Hackfest 2016: Leeds [valavanisalex]
  • New agenda for next month [bryce]
  • Post meeting minutes [scislac]
  • Arrange vote on Leeds hackfest proposal [bryce]
  • Identify who has not registered their GPG keys for credentials access, that should [bryce]
  • Prepare for GSoC 2016 project application
    • Get Project Suggestions list ready for GSoC [bryce]
    • Send bryce list of required details for Project Suggestions page [scislac]
    • Submit mentoring application (opens Feb 8th, deadline Feb 19th) [scislac]
    • Solicit mentors to be pre-assigned to project ideas (tweenk & tav already volunteered) [scislac]
  • Contact GIMP developers about licensing of GPLv3+ code included in Inkscape [tweenk]
  • GPLv2+ [tweenk]
    • tweenk will followup regarding resolution of remaining licensing issues
  • Rekindle release process for 0.92. Need to complete cmake work, enter feature freeze, and announce timeline for finishing the release [bryce]

Minutes